Respected Contributor

Do you have to do anything special to close an account with the Q?   Does it eventually go dormant and they just close it because you have not used it?  Just curious.......

Honored Contributor

Re: Closing Account

[ Edited ]

I have not made a purchase in over 10 years but my acct has never been officially closed. I think if I would ever choose to make a purchase it would just go thru on my acct. as it did years ago. I never even thought about officially asking them to close it. 

Honored Contributor

You can remove information from your profile, like payment methods and credit card numbers. So little will be left that you are effectively removed, if not actually. (Or, as LR used to say, you will be "virtually" removed.)

Honored Contributor

I would remove all forms of payment first

Valued Contributor

l think my cc information must be expired by now , haven't bought in 10 years or more as well .

Honored Contributor

@judianne wrote:

l think my cc information must be expired by now , haven't bought in 10 years or more as well .

Mine too since I have not bought in 10 years either

Regular Contributor

Why does it matter? Just don't shop with them anymore.

Frequent Contributor

Many retail creditors will automatically close an account if no purchases were made for a certain period of time. But in my case, I've usually received a letter stating such. If you want to close your account to get it off your open credit, I'd try calling the number on the back of your Q card. It's all handled through Synchrony Bank. Chances are it may already be closed...but at least up you'll know.

Respected Contributor

I have been a Q customer for over 25 years.  I was very suprised when after i moved, i got a letter that they had closed my account.  

some years i would shop more than other years. i checked to see how long it had actually been since i placed a order. 6 months. 

I was slightly miffed, but thought OK, guess i don't need a Q card. 

When i do make the occasional purchase, i just use pay pal or something else. 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't deal with "THAT bank" if it was the last one on earth!

♥Surface of the Sun♥