Trusted Contributor

Please stop automatically turning on the video when shopping online!

I don't know when this started, but lately when shopping online, the video automatically starts on the item that I'm searching for! But I don't want or need to see or hear the video! It's very annoying, especially if someone is sleeping next to you! If I want to see the video, I'll look at it! Please stop this!

Honored Contributor

Re: Please stop automatically turning on the video when shopping online!

There is a little square underneath the pix of the item "Play video automatically"  Make sure it is NOT checked.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

There is a little square underneath the pix of the item "Play video automatically"  Make sure it is NOT checked.

There was another long thread on this.  Some of us do NOT have that box to uncheck.  It happens on my Ipad and it's so annoying.

Honored Contributor

@lizzief   also on my iPad.  I do not see a box to check, but the videos are not automatically playing.  I do not remember ever turning them off.  Go figure - I can't 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me that only happens when I am not signed in. If you delete internet history every time you exit, then go back in, the video will auto play because it "forgets" your preferences.

Also, I only see the button when I click on the video. The button is not there when you are on a picture.

Occasional Visitor

There is box under pic but not about turning off video automatically.