Occasional Contributor
Anybody else had enough of Christmas in July?? Have they really run out of vendors?
Honored Contributor

I love Christmas in July, but this year is just not that good. 

No vendors in the studio, sets are just ok, the skype thing is better than nothing, but really doesn't do the warm and fuzzy thing we like to see in this programming, and the lack of additional channels to bring even more new programming and products, and I have to say, I'm not impressed or much interested this year in CIJ.

Nothing in our world right now is 'normal' or what it used to be, so I guess we just have to go with the flow and make the best of the situation, but while I'm kind of over what they are offering this year, I love the concept and usual flair of CIJ.......maybe it will be better next year.

Honored Contributor

@Cj519 wrote:
Anybody else had enough of Christmas in July?? Have they really run out of vendors?

@Cj519 

I usually enjoy CIJ....but I agree, this year's offerings were even more limited than usual....Maybe its not QVC's fault, perhaps due to Co-Vid manufacturers/inventory was scarce.....Therefore, perhaps they should have cutback a bit on the programming...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I put it on for about 10 seconds to see Leah wrapped in a Berkshire Blanket. I don't understand how many people are buying these blankets and what they do with them all. They are on all the time! They do look comfortable, but how many do people need?? 

Occasional Contributor
I can handle it once maybe twice but they definitely went way overboard this year. How many times can you talk about the same candles? Lol
Trusted Contributor

I Love Christmas in July and look forward to it every year.  I don't mind the vendors not in the studio, in fact I prefer them not being there.  I am however the constant "Holiday Gourmet" shows.  

I am sorry a jar of peanuts is NOT a Christmas item.  Yes I know there are nuts and chocolate and pretzels in there too as I have seen the presentation ad nauseum.

The Christmas decorations I LOVE watching.  but as I have said many times, I could do Christmas year round.  I Love it.

Regular Contributor

Yes! Enough already! Christmas in July was special, and something to look forward to when it was only on July 25th. Now it is being beaten to death as the q does with tsvs.How about Fall gardening, decorating? They seem to be letting vendors go, and not replacing them.

Occasional Contributor
I agree....once in July was fine. How many times can you sell a candle?? They've really gone down hill. They're losing me that's for sure and I've watched and shipped for 30 years.
Respected Contributor

@CorrTor wrote:

I put it on for about 10 seconds to see Leah wrapped in a Berkshire Blanket. I don't understand how many people are buying these blankets and what they do with them all. They are on all the time! They do look comfortable, but how many do people need?? 

They are great gifts, and everyone loves them.including me. Nice to throw over you when you  want to take a nap. Put a couple in tv room, bedrooms. you'll be surprised how often you grab for them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas in July

[ Edited ]

@CorrTor wrote:

@CorrTor 

I dont mind the Berkshire Blankets--- I own 2, they can be used both fall/winter.....

.....What I am tired of is the ceramic trees that they've shown for a couple years now, and the bags to wrap gifts, and lanterns, lanterns, lanterns, year after year, and oversized decor, and how many brands of candy do they need to have (the buyers are really in a rut)....🙄 

I just take a peek at what QVC is showing and quickly grab my remote....There comes a point where QVC needs to realize they sold all they can sell no one else is interested....CIJ needs to be restricted to July 25th and perhaps one weekend....that's it! 

QVC has abandoned fall/autumn/Halloween decor and items....maybe they should cut back on CIJ and go with that...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”