Respected Contributor

I take a peek every now and again.  I just cant wrap my head around Christmas at this time.  I'm just trying to get thru July and then August...I can't think that far ahead right now.

Trusted Contributor

I have had more than enough of CIJ. 

I remember the "good old days" of CIJ blowout on July 25th, then another full day on August 25th, September 25th, etc.

Now it is CONSTANT, and a true turn off for me.

Respected Contributor

I can hardly handle Christmas in Dec. ....we are in a smaller place now ...

and I am at mazimun capacity for decoration storage .... the last two

years I have really widdled things down .....

Regular Contributor

I totally agree and so I donot watch Christmas programs in July.

Respected Contributor

Although I will say I am in love with the big red truck ....I have one

about 3 " .. just the size of a match box car .. and I'm fine with

that ... but if I were back in my other houses it would be a truck

all the way ... maybe even more than one !!!!

Honored Contributor

Seems like everytime I turn the TV to QVC, there's the same cheap junk being sold.  I haven't watched 5 min of CIJ.  Boy am I saving money!  If I were to buy decorations, it wouldn't be that stuff.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I've always recoiled at the commericial sales month in July of a holiday we get enough of when it's nearer the time. Also, I have way way too much Christmas stuff. Christmas decorations don't usually get thrown away so they accumulate year after year. Unless I suppose you are the sort of person who changes over colors etc for new fads. Or the people who have 3 stories and vast outdoor space to decorate. But as you get older, while it's fun to put up it becomes an unholy chore to take it all down again and get it put away. Too add to all that, I dislike the new LED lights (crass and glaring) and the big huge ornaments. I dislike cutsy. I like vintage but when I looked at what they are calling vintage and laughed out loud. Obviously those labeling it as such and buying are in there 30's and don't really know what vintage is.

Oh well. It's not really a good economic idea to be watching a shopping channel anyway.

Trusted Contributor

really do not like Christmas in July when it's been a hotter than usual summer, the shopping and getting ready in the same season puts me in Christmas mood, not this.  They need to get rid of it and get rid of not being able to order now than in November...dumb idea