Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas in July with David and JT

@happilyretiredgirl 

I understand it can be annoying, but in reading other posts some really like it!!

To each their own I guess.  She does bring her girls into every single presentation. 

Those girls need some space from Mom.  She seems to know their every move.

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 

Nothing is done because she sells.  As much as it annoys you. others love it and think she is just enthusiastic.  I think a lot of watchers are lonely people and they think Jane is their friend.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I am enjoying watching too @TheMemphisVette!

Jane is so joyful and happy about presenting whatever she is showing. I also like her and Valerie together.

@on the bay 

Jane never lets Valerie talk I remember one show where even sweet Valerie gave her a "hint" about interrupting....

I prefer Valerie with Jayne Brown or Rick or Mary Beth....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Reever wrote:
Jane is completely ruining Christmas in July. Many of us looked forward to the kick off festivities and are feeling frustrated. Cant a producer get in her earpiece and tell her to stop saying Honey. What kind of married woman calls someone honey ?

What the heck does that even mean?

@paixmcdao 

She calls him "honey" because she thinks of David as her "TV hubby"....🙄  Even in the classic TV shows no one calls their spouse "honey" as much as she does....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

I knew the usual suspects would be here tonight. We get it--you don't like Jane ...

Yeah, and the next time Jane is on MORE threads and posts will be started complaining and saying they can't watch her, but then of course they do...and keep complaining.

@KKJ 

This was an exception for me and Im sure for many like many I really wanted to see the CIJ kickoff and the new products that were suppose to be in the show....and Im sorry.....asking for her to tone it down a bit is not bashing.....She needs to take some responsibility for the feedback shes getting (maybe the Execs need for her to watch one of her shows and get a viewer's perspective)...and she's hurting sales since less people are tuning in......

Frequent Contributor

Many years ago someone told me that she thought that some people bragged about how good their life was because it wasn't so good.  They were trying to convince themselves that things were better than they are.

Also, some people continually mention their age because they look much older than they are.

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@Patriot3 

Nothing is done because she sells.  As much as it annoys you. others love it and think she is just enthusiastic.  I think a lot of watchers are lonely people and they think Jane is their friend.

@Catch71 @Patriot3 

But how does QVC know what the sales would have been if David had been teamed up with a different host....thats what they need to consider, can they do better.....????  Just like the Shawn and Leah experiment that didnt last....

Respected Contributor

@Spurt  I understand but you can't force the PTB to make her change, and after all this time don't you think they would have if they thought her hosting style was hurting sales?  You say she's hurting sales, but is she?  Apparently not since nothing's changed re her hosting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

@Spurt  I understand but you can't force the PTB to make her change, and after all this time don't you think they would have if they thought her hosting style was hurting sales?  You say she's hurting sales, but is she?  Apparently not since nothing's changed re her hosting.

@KKJ 

We can respectively agree to disagree....

And it just makes sense---LESS VIEWERS (people turning the channel, just like all the people here expressing themselves on the Forum that arent watching) = LESS SALES

What's so bad about asking her to tone it down??? (and if she doesnt want to do what her employer asks thats a big problem).....

You can tell when even some of the vendors arent happy with her as host in what they say and do and the expressions on their faces...... And QVC has to tread water lightly when it comes to age, QVC has been sued a time or two...I got an interesting survey some of it asked about type of products I buy or dont reason why and much of it asked about shows/programming, hosts, and "entertainment style of shows" , do we feel we are getting enough information about the products, and a blank space to speak up more about shows/programming....hmmmmm🤔

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Reever wrote:
Jane is completely ruining Christmas in July. Many of us looked forward to the kick off festivities and are feeling frustrated. Cant a producer get in her earpiece and tell her to stop saying Honey. What kind of married woman calls someone honey ?

What the heck does that even mean?

@paixmcdao 

She calls him "honey" because she thinks of David as her "TV hubby"....🙄  Even in the classic TV shows no one calls their spouse "honey" as much as she does....

I was asking the OP for the meaning of her comment, but thanks for your opinion.

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director