Esteemed Contributor

NRe: Christmas in July with David and JT

"Honest performances"

Super Contributor

Re: Christmas in July with David and JT

Martha's no fool & shows what she thinks when some hosts literally 'fawn' over her!  Alberti is the worst, with Jane a good second.  She started her presentation telling Martha how she watched last year's show with her daughters, and how they biught almost everythimg! 

Honored Contributor

@CABRIT wrote:

Martha's no fool & shows what she thinks when some hosts literally 'fawn' over her!  Alberti is the worst, with Jane a good second.  She started her presentation telling Martha how she watched last year's show with her daughters, and how they biught almost everythimg! 

@CABRIT  Before Covid, Alberti went to her farm to host her presentations. She has invited him to her yearly Christmas party a couple of times. Don't know if he went. I think she likes him a lot.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@CABRIT wrote:

@CABRIT  Before Covid, Alberti went to her farm to host her presentations. She has invited him to her yearly Christmas party a couple of times. Don't know if he went. I think she likes him a lot.

@proudlyfromNJ  - I can't imagine Albert or anyone else turning down a invitation by Martha Stewart to her Christmas party!

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@CABRIT wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  - I can't imagine Albert or anyone else turning down a invitation by Martha Stewart to her Christmas party!

Alberti's affinity for mercury glass and gold drives me crazy. Carolyn Gracie and Mary Beth Roe should handle all decorating shows. Alberti' sense of "style" is a fail.  I prefer country decor and Carolyn seems to also.

Respected Contributor

@Reever    Not everyone enjoys the country or farmhouse style of home decorating. 

I like faceted glass, art deco, traditional, gold, silver, some lightly distressed items.

So I like some of the Janine Graff items, some Valerie Parr Hill, such as her beveled mirror set.

Some like shabby chic, boho, or mid century modern, or minimalist, or eclectic.  Some even like Victorian  or colonial.

Therefore, I like Alberti's style very much.  QVC presents more than one style of decor items so I think we all can find things to purchase here without completely excluding the opportunity for QVC to offer more than one choice of styles in home decor.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever  I really don't think the hosts choose what will be shown in these Christmas shows. They all present what QVC is selling that day. That's what I think but who knows maybe you are right.

Esteemed Contributor

Except for perhaps one of their special anniversary shows I believe that hosts have virtually no input as to specific items presented. 

Qurate show programmers are driven by stock, new arrivals, inventories.....not the whims of an individual host.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@CABRIT wrote:

Alberti's affinity for mercury glass and gold drives me crazy. Carolyn Gracie and Mary Beth Roe should handle all decorating shows. Alberti' sense of "style" is a fail.  I prefer country decor and Carolyn seems to also.

You have criticized this host many, many times. Why do continue to watch, especially since he drives you crazy? 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager "Except for perhaps one of their special anniversary shows I believe that hosts have virtually no input as to specific items presented."

There was a behind the scenes documentary on QVC a few years ago.  For the anniversary shows the hosts were presented with a table full of items and they got to choose what they wanted to present.  So even the hosts "choices" are limited.