Frequent Contributor
Christmas in July…okay. Now more Christmas.
Esteemed Contributor

@Whispergirl  I wasn't going to reply, but then I thought why not. Let's compare how many times we have a Christmas presentation compared to: D&C, Lori G, D&B, Susan G., Shoe Shopping.... 'Nuf said?

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Whispergirl  I wasn't going to reply, but then I thought why not. Let's compare how many times we have a Christmas presentation compared to: D&C, Lori G, D&B, Susan G., Shoe Shopping.... 'Nuf said?

That's not really a fair comparison. QVC devotes weeks and weeks to one holiday. We wear clothing every day. I'm sure they make a ton of money on Christmas or they wouldn't devote all of this time to it. Sometimes it seems like overkill. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

That's not really a fair comparison. QVC devotes weeks and weeks to one holiday. We wear clothing every day. I'm sure they make a ton of money on Christmas or they wouldn't devote all of this time to it. Sometimes it seems like overkill. 

@QVCkitty1  But, we don't BUY clothing every day. We buy for a season or a year and move on. Some of us (that would be me) buy once every few years.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@PA Mom-mom   Every single viewer wears clothes and shoes.  They're of general interest.  Christmas decor is not enjoyed or watched by a great many viewers and is not of universal interest. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

So, hubby and I had this conversation about Christmas presentations.  He walks in and says "Christmas already?"  I tell him they just had a whole month of Christmas in July, and that they will continue to have Christmas regularly until Christmas.  He says he has a theory that that's the only stuff available because of all the supply chain issues.  I tell him "They do it like this EVERY year." 

Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas again!

[ Edited ]

I know...I saw "Countdown to Christmas!"...and thought c'monnnn. I "count down to Christmas" after Thanksgiving. And barely right then. Sometimes I don't start until the first week of December. But August through Dec 25th, now you're calling it that?? I'm sorry, I know it's an "old rant" here so those of you sick of hearing it...owell. 

But I just think, marketing dept. really is stretching when they decide to call it that in August. 

No thank you. I....am finishing, and enjoying every last drop of summer.  Then...I'm going to slowly transition, as I have for my whole life...into early fall, when we have some of our most beautiful weather, then late fall when we peak in colors here in New England, end with Halloween, also summer farmers markets finally end then, and fairs and things are done too.  Sadly, then the leaves will be gone and winter starts it's slowww and steady trudge into our lives with grayer days, darker evenings, bare landscapes. Then, Thanksgiving. Oh yea...and then...suddenly we start the landslide into Christmas. Ya know...when.....Christmas season is actually here. If we went by QVC's schtick we'd have a 125 day Advent calendar, starting now!

The reason for the season comes for me...in Dec.  There...another rant off my chest. 

Meanwhile, I'm sure Q's got the last laugh on me as they ignore us all the way to the bank. 😏. ...and, of course, I get they have to sell Christmas goods well before the actual holiday...but still "counting down" from August? ...that's just wrong. 🙄

ps....I'll have NO problem whatsoever when and if they start "counting down to Spring" in February, with gardening shows! 🌼🌸🌺🌷

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas again!

[ Edited ]

Truth be told the ONLY shows that I look forward to and watch is

Christmas, Valerie Parr Hill and food shows. 

Everything else is an easy pass for me. 

Never, ever watched any Jewelry, Josie Marin,  etc.....

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

"Sometimes?" "it seems?" More like it's overkill on steroids. But I do agree with you. And yes, Christmas is usually retail's biggest money maker...so.....QVC takes full advantage of their ability to program it ad nauseum.

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Truth be told the ONLY shows that I look forward to and watch is

Christmas, Valerie Parr Hill and food shows. 

Everything else is an easy pass for me. 

Never, ever watched any Jewelry, Josie Marin,  etc.....

Well, then girl...it's your time! Enjoy! 😄