Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas again!

[ Edited ]

One more note...so today...I was up way too early this morning...anticipating being slammed with Henri, up in the Northeast...so it's the only time I'd be a captive audience for the Q Christmas programming ...it was either that or more Weather channel and Rick was more entertaining at that time...

So I happened to see pretty Luminara pillar candles but wow so expensive...only two pillars, one taller one smaller...with shipping and handling would have come to over $80.00?! Two, pillar, battery operated candles. No thank you.

Pricing has gotten much higher on everything.

I'm doing more decluttering, and much less but more selective shopping...and I'm finding so many better options out there for better prices than on QVC, AND free shipping/free returns. (Q has yet to hop on that train(free shipping/returns)...not sure they ever will.)

Esteemed Contributor

@amyb wrote:

I know...I saw "Countdown to Christmas!"...and thought c'monnnn. I "count down to Christmas" after Thanksgiving. And barely right then. Sometimes I don't start until the first week of December. But August through Dec 25th, now you're calling it that?? I'm sorry, I know it's an "old rant" here so those of you sick of hearing it...owell. 

But I just think, marketing dept. really is stretching when they decide to call it that in August. 

No thank you. I....am finishing, and enjoying every last drop of summer.  Then...I'm going to slowly transition, as I have for my whole life...into early fall, when we have some of our most beautiful weather, then late fall when we peak in colors here in New England, end with Halloween, also summer farmers markets finally end then, and fairs and things are done too.  Sadly, then the leaves will be gone and winter starts it's slowww and steady trudge into our lives with grayer days, darker evenings, bare landscapes. Then, Thanksgiving. Oh yea...and then...suddenly we start the landslide into Christmas. Ya know...when.....Christmas season is actually here. If we went by QVC's schtick we'd have a 125 day Advent calendar, starting now!

The reason for the season comes for me...in Dec.  There...another rant off my chest. 

Meanwhile, I'm sure Q's got the last laugh on me as they ignore us all the way to the bank. 😏

We have 2 more months of summer. Won't cool down until Halloween. And winter is short lived. Costco has Halloween and Christmas stuff out already and people were buying. 

Esteemed Contributor

Isn't it great we have options?  Watch, don't watch it's a choice.  There is even other on line shopping options. 

Respected Contributor

Add me to the list of those who would rather see holiday products and food rather than another air purifier or vacuum, or clothing, or purse...

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Isn't it great we have options?  Watch, don't watch it's a choice.  There is even other on line shopping options. 

@mspatmac , Everyone knows this. Someone expressed an opinion, some agree, some don't. Your response is unnecessary, do you really think that no one thought to not watch, really ? ??

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Bring it on!😃🎄

Can't wait!

I can't help it. It is my favorite time of year and I never get tired of seeing anything that has to do with Christmas!🥰

Though I agree, some of the prices-yikes!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@Whispergirl  How long have you been watching QVC? This is the way it is from July onward. It should come as no surprise to veteran viewers. Personally these are the only shows I watch. Have no interest in endless cosmetics, shoes, food, handbags, etc.

Frequent Contributor

I get the watch dont watch. Obviously. Just surprised to see it since so much was presented in Christmas in July. I feel they may have Christmas overload in inventory or order early to get it because shipping is unpredictable. Just disappointed because I had some time to tune in and it was Christmas! 

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@mspatmac , Everyone knows this. Someone expressed an opinion, some agree, some don't. Your response is unnecessary, do you really think that no one thought to not watch, really ? ??

@QVCkitty1   Of course I do, standard complaint so standard response.  😀  

Esteemed Contributor

This has been the QVC standard approach for many years: Christmas In July for most of a whole month followed by a couple days of Christmas presentations around the 25th of the month in August, September, and October. By the time November rolls around, even if they're calling things Christmas programs, the shows mainly focus on gifts, so all of that definitely feels less like a holiday celebration and more like padding the bottom line. Many online retailers do the same thing; they just don't have their own TV channels to make it obvious.

I enjoy the break from all the other shows I never watch on QVC—it's just a day or two here and there, and at least most of the presentations are fun and celebratory. As has been noted previously, fashion gets at least one full day every week plus individual shows on almost every other day. (And I tune in for zero of them, especially now that the norm seems to be cutting away to pictures from the website and cackling multiple hosts with remote vendors instead of any semblance of presenting and describing a garment in a way that might make me interested in buying it.)