Trusted Contributor

Charlie Bears on right now...caller mentions former child star

[ Edited ]

Watching QVC and caller Deborah said she's buying the Charlie Bears for a dear former child star now in a nursing home...named Jane WINTERS. Doesn't even get her name right!  Jane Withers was a longtime doll and teddy bear collector. Met her at a doll convention in L.A, in 2004, delightful lady!

Honored Contributor

Re: Charlie Bears on right now...caller mentions former child star

I must have missed that one. I loved the show though, Rick did a fantastic job with that show. Love his reading glasses.

Valued Contributor

I, too, thought Rick did an outstanding job hosting the Charlie Bears' show and boy did I love watching it and having these darling collectible bears to purchase on the Q.  I miss all the collectible shows they used to have, and purchased two of the Charlie Bears.  Look forward to hopefully many more of these shows and perhaps this will lead to more collectibles coming back to the Q! 

Regular Contributor

I miss them too. Have four of the Annette Funicello bears as well as several Mohair bears, and they always make me smile - so cute!

Regular Contributor

This  endor likened her bers to Stieff, I believe.  There is no comparison.  Stieff bears are classics, and not dust collecting creatures to be fondled.  Overpriced for yarn bears, and IMO, ugly too.