Valued Contributor
Does this selling tactic work for anyone?

Oprah, Jamie Foxx, Jenner/Kardashians I couldn’t care less what they use.

I find it more desperate and annoying rather than ‘ohh got to have it’.
Regular Contributor

@hippiechick7897 wrote:
Does this selling tactic work for anyone?

Oprah, Jamie Foxx, Jenner/Kardashians I couldn’t care less what they use.

I find it more desperate and annoying rather than ‘ohh got to have it’.

Nope it makes me turn off the television..

Esteemed Contributor

@hippiechick7897  I agree with you.  I am not impressed with celebrity and find the references to them to be extremely annoying.  Saves me money.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Believe it or not some people idolize these celebs and would definitely buy something they wear and recommend.

Honored Contributor

@hippiechick7897 -

No not at all.

Just because they are a celebrity doesn't mean I'll like what they supposedly like, (or get paid to say they do).

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I don't fall for that sales technique.  Those celebs probably are paid for positive comments on products.  I'd believe my next door neighbor's opinion before I'd believe any celeb. 

Honored Contributor

I never completely believe that the celebrity uses the product.  I think it's more likely that they are paid to say they use it.  They may use it (or at least have tried it) because it was given to them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

That's a very off-putting way of promoting a product.

I don't think less of the product, but I immediately think much less of the sales person when they use this technique.

Either they're genuinely impressed by the link to a 'celebrity ', or they think I will be.

Echh!

Honored Contributor

It's never mattered to me either.  I've never been impressed by other people.

What does impress me is when someone does something amazing.....like a person who's lost a lot of weight by working out and watching what they eat.  

I know how hard that is, that's what impresses me.

Even that I would never buy something just because that person told me to buy it.

I think most people are like that...regular people I mean.

I don't know any famous people....but I'm sure they use the bathroom just like I do.....

I go on the idea that any fool can pay a lot of money for something but a wise person will find what they want for less money.

OMG!  A lot of money was spent on that video of that freaking tooth brush!

I think if I see one more ear of corn with coffee in it, I'll puke.

That young woman who sells it today is beautiful.  Her skin is amazing.

I wonder why they don't have her selling skin care.  You can tell in the video she doesn't have a lick of makeup on.

I forget her name....she's lovely.

Honored Contributor

Everyone here will say no, however, it must work or why would they keep doing it ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan