Super Contributor

Re: Cathy Pedrayes - gone????

[ Edited ]

I'm with alot of others if anyone were to go I thought it would be Kristine Zell. I wan't a huge fan of Cathy's, but she was much better than KZ. I'm also one that her voice did bother me so I didn't watch her when she was there. I wish her well.

I think we should expect more cuts to come KZ could still be in the hot seat. Problem is 1)the Q has 3 channels one the Q3 is all repeat programming (I haven't watched yet.)

2) Q2 only has a certian amount of live shows per day.

So I think there's to many host to use on air right now I know there's a multitude of other duty's etc. The host do off air. But unless they intend to go full 24HR live Q2 and main channel and maybe part time live on the Q3 I can't see much work on air for all the host considering they just hired the new batch.

Frequent Contributor

You know, Kathy really grew on me. It was her voice at first that got to me a bit, but then her presentations won me over. She was very informative, smart, thorough in her descriptions, and very pleasant. As an aside, i think she looks much like Sandra B. 

Could it be that she left on her own???

I did see her recently tag teaming with Terri Conn (new hire, previously ATWT actress...i still see her as Katie P.), and i found her wonderfully helpful and strong in her hosting duties, esp. because she had the extra task of helping out a newbie.

I will miss her. Best of luck to Kathy. She’ll do great in her next venture!!

Esteemed Contributor

@spiritoo wrote:

You know, Kathy really grew on me. It was her voice at first that got to me a bit, but then her presentations won me over. She was very informative, smart, thorough in her descriptions, and very pleasant. As an aside, i think she looks much like Sandra B. 

Could it be that she left on her own???

I did see her recently tag teaming with Terri Conn (new hire, previously ATWT actress...i still see her as Katie P.), and i found her wonderfully helpful and strong in her hosting duties, esp. because she had the extra task of helping out a newbie.

I will miss her. Best of luck to Kathy. She’ll do great in her next venture!!

@spiritoo 

She posted on her Instagram page that it was not her choice. 

Honored Contributor

'The more I think about it'...............the more I'm missing her.

Wishing Cathy P. well, and hopefully she will keep in touch via various social media venues.

Just maybe we will see her in future business ventures.

Walk tall and confident.   Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 @Goldengate8361 wrote:

I am really glad that she is gone. She is the only host - in the history of QVC - that I absolutely had to change channels when she was on....Her voice was too painful to listen to.

@Goldengate8361  ..... I find it so strange that you felt this way about only Cathy’s voice bothering you ..... how about Amy, Gabriel &a few others? 

Contributor

So sorry to see her go on QVC.  I enjoyed her presentations and she was really a down to earth host (not over the top).  She also knew a lot about cooking, I think she should have hosted her own cooking show and shared all her recipes, that would have been great.  I think QVC made a mistake by letting her go.  Hope to see her on some other channel soon, she would be an asset!

Respected Contributor

Sure hope Katie does not leave. Miss her on the morning show. Guess she is mostly on Q2 now. Regarding Cathy she speaks fluent Spanish, which could be a big asset to any company. Hope she lands a great position soon. Always thought she would have been good doing a cooking show.
Honored Contributor

Cathy did some cooking shows, but mostly clearance shows and on in the middle of the night here.  She should have had a show of her own for some variety in the cooking shows.  She stated and it's on this board, that it was not her choice to leave QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

I am getting the impression from her Instagram that perhaps she is going to do something on a Spanish language station, maybe in the New York City area.  That makes great sense for her, maybe lifestyle shows or focus on cooking.

I'll miss her on Q, and I hope this all works out for the best.

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@Goldengate8361 @Goldengate8361 wrote:

I am really glad that she is gone. She is the only host - in the history of QVC - that I absolutely had to change channels when she was on....Her voice was too painful to listen to.

@Goldengate8361  ..... I find it so strange that you felt this way about only Cathy’s voice bothering you ..... how about Amy, Gabriel &a few others? 

@January121, Cathy's voice bothered me as well and I made no secret about it.  LOL  I stated over and over I thought they needed to give Cathy voice lessons.  Most of it had to do with the fact that she never pronounced her "t".  She said coddon or buddon.  That is what bothered me.