Contributor

Don’t understand what the “veneration” with DV is all about, but certainly recognize the fact that he has a substantial following of those who think he’s exceptional...not only in what he does, but how he does it. I’m sure his sales numbers support this.

I’ve been watching him for years and agree that he is probably tops in his sales numbers, but quite frankly he has (IMO) become a cartoon character of himself and now plays to it. The Q runs a risk of over saturation with Dave.

BTW, I firmly believe that a female, in this same roll, consuming food with the same vigor and having gained as much weight, would be seriously criticized by the Q public and perhaps even sanctioned by management. 

• I’m quite sure my comments will not set well with some members of this forum; however, it is my opinion, stated without malice. 
QVC Customer Care

This thread has been removed by QVC because it is host bashing

Trusted Contributor

I really enjoyed last night's show!  

And I am also very happy with David's successes!!

I certainly know that I couldn't do that well on TV all the time and feel he usually comes across very very well.  

HeartHeartHeart

Frequent Contributor

I have to agree w/ @mzmaree ....his schtick is getting old. The new gig he's got going with The Life is Good tshirt brand is a tad juvenile. My sons wore those when they were in Middle School and the brand was hot + kids collected them. I have to agree if a female host even dared to consume as much as he does and rubbed her belly and danced around there would be such an uproar!!! The female hosts are picked apart relentlessly about how they look on camera! 

Valued Contributor

DV doesn't get on my nerves near as badly as some of the other hosts, but then again I rarely watch 2-3 hours of any of his shows.  I give him credit for showing enthusiasm for trying to sell the same items repeatedly--I mean how many ways can you present  a pan or air fryer?  I'm a chubbette myself  and at least he doesn't constantly refer to his size.  But I'm tired of the happy dance too.

Esteemed Contributor

@grayhairdontcare wrote:

I have to agree w/ @mzmaree ....his schtick is getting old. The new gig he's got going with The Life is Good tshirt brand is a tad juvenile. My sons wore those when they were in Middle School and the brand was hot + kids collected them. I have to agree if a female host even dared to consume as much as he does and rubbed her belly and danced around there would be such an uproar!!! The female hosts are picked apart relentlessly about how they look on camera! 

Ummm...Rachel Boesing does these things on every single Gourmet Holiday show, so I'm guessing the powers that be couldn't care less.

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@grayhairdontcare wrote:

Ummm...Rachel Boesing does these things on every single Gourmet Holiday show, so I'm guessing the powers that be couldn't care less.

@loriqvc  And RB's behavior with food and her hands can be quite off-putting.

Respected Contributor

@mzmaree wrote:

Don’t understand what the “veneration” with DV is all about, but certainly recognize the fact that he has a substantial following of those who think he’s exceptional...not only in what he does, but how he does it. I’m sure his sales numbers support this.

I’ve been watching him for years and agree that he is probably tops in his sales numbers, but quite frankly he has (IMO) become a cartoon character of himself and now plays to it. The Q runs a risk of over saturation with Dave.

BTW, I firmly believe that a female, in this same roll, consuming food with the same vigor and having gained as much weight, would be seriously criticized by the Q public and perhaps even sanctioned by management. 

• I’m quite sure my comments will not set well with some members of this forum; however, it is my opinion, stated without malice. 

@mzmaree  Your post says much...agree 100%!

Trusted Contributor

@grayhairdontcare wrote:

LOL! 😂 I was just visualizing your analogy. Yes! There are definitely double standards when it comes to female and male host food presentations. The female better not eat too much or talk about how she likes to wolf down foods, and “rub her belly” as you mentioned. Heh! Only Rachel Ray can get a way with “cooking with gusto!” because she is the Queen of the cooking shows. Good for her! 

Respected Contributor

@mzmaree:  "Veneration"...clever wording Smiley Tongue