Frequent Contributor
I just talked to the rudest Rep ever. She was trying to end the call as I said " You're not going to help me?" Finally, she did but was so rude and short. She solved the problem and I thanked her. It was only then that I felt like she calmed down. Never calling again and I only did this time because the web site would not allow me to pick a color. There are better ways to shop.
Frequent Contributor

Respected Contributor

You didn't have the CS rep that I talked to on October 2nd when I complained about the shortened schedule for Creede Silver Strike. He was some rude young man that cut me off and transferred me to Synchrony bank even though I made it clear I had a complaint about programming and not the QCard. Someone at Synchrony transferred me back to the same rude QVC CS rep and he hung up on me.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Why would someone complain to a customer service representative about programming?

It's not as if they can help change it.

Respected Contributor

I rarely ever call CS or call reps.but Q has the rudest employees I have ever talked to . The excuses they have a difficult job is not a reason to be rude.. I actually feel apprehensive if I have to call not knowing what attitude I will get on the line? The nasty ones seem to be increasing. I don't doubt they are tired of having to give excuses for the shipping delays and warehouse mistakes. It has just been the last couple of years I have noticed this change. Most people order on line so can't be as many Call reps. needed?

I had to call Bath and Body yesterday as I can't process by order with a Credit Card so need to call them. I had the nicest call rep. She seemed new, as it took awhile and I  always apologize for having to call. They all say no problem and HAPPY  to take the order. They end with a nice remark to have a Good Day or Holiday never just hang up rudely.

Honored Contributor

There must be a script some companies follow. Ever notice at the end of the worst call ever - where they did nothing to help you - they'll say "and is there anything else I can assist you with"?

Trusted Contributor

My experience with QVC CS reps has been very positive, and I have had to call more in the last several weeks than I have in the many, many years before that. Customer service reps have resolved problems, addressed issues, and in one case " gone the extra mile" to make sure a situation was addressed.  I am sorry others have not had my experience.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG 

@AuntG wrote:

There must be a script some companies follow. Ever notice at the end of the worst call ever - where they did nothing to help you - they'll say "and is there anything else I can assist you with"?

Yes  at my job they make us say that! 

(I don't always say it.  If I get audited on a call I'll probably be penalized for it)

Honored Contributor

Very unfortunate when you have a bad CS experience. It is very frustrating when there are CS reps, in any company, that are obviously wrong for the job and deliver awful or no assistance.  I don't give anyone justification for being rude or dismissive.

However, I have had numerous communications with the QVC reps over the 15+ years I have shopped here, and I can only recall one instance of bad service.  By and large, these reps are stellar, in my opinion.  They try to offer a solution in a professional and pleasant way, with the limited power they have to do so. 

Think of all the thousands of calls they get:  customers complaining about programming (of which they have absolutely no control over); customers who are are very nasty right off the start, without even letting the rep understand the issue at hand; customers demanding to speak with Mike George at once!; throwing away items that they say are defective and wanting CS to send them a replacement item immediately, etc.

Can you imagine a forum where customers could read actual transcripts of customer calls into the CS center???  I am not one who thinks the customer is always right, not by a long shot. 

Trusted Contributor

The best reps I have spoken with in the past couple of years have worked for Amazon.  Years ago, when QVC was a a smaller company, the reps were wonderful.  Today, they seem to be bodies filling seats.  Even my UPS man tells me the seasonal employees hired by his company are terrible year after year.