Super Contributor

I just wanted to say that my husband catered a LOT of Thanksgiving dinners for other people.  He sometimes made thousands of turkey dinners with sides, no joke.  So this year, I surprised him by buying the ham AND turkey AND the sides just for us.  He was Delighted and Grateful and so happy not to have to cook this year.  He said he's already looking forward to the leftovers!  Thank you Corky's!

Honored Contributor

Al! I can say is, people who bought that special must have huge freezer space.  I might have considered it but there's no way I could get it in the available freezer space.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The meats are OK ...but the sides = once was enough.  Don'r have southern taste buds.

Honored Contributor

As a caterer, I'll be interested in how he likes the food. 

Honored Contributor

I have a spare little freezer on the back porch so I bought the meats.  I'm looking forward to the 5lb cuts and no carcass to clean up because last year I thought I'd have to call the paramedics I was so whipped.  The turkey is for Thanksgiving and the Ham for Christmas.

I ordered the sides once a long time ago and they didn't work out at all, as said, once was enough.... so no problem skipping them.  AND with the news that Turkeys and Hams will double in price I thought this would be really worth it considering I won't have to do anything with them except wrap, heat and eat.  Oh yeah!  I'm on board.... Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

We dined at Corkys in Gatlinburg, it was terrible, they even ran out of ribs. 

Frequent Contributor

We ordered the pork belly burnt ends last month, they were 1 inch cubes of uncured bacon, (mostly all fat). An awful lot of waste for the price. They were drown in barbecue sauce, so it was kind of like eating blubbery  fat chunks in a big bowl of barbecue sauce. Once was enough for us!

Respected Contributor

@KG60 wrote:

We ordered the pork belly burnt ends last month, they were 1 inch cubes of uncured bacon, (mostly all fat). An awful lot of waste for the price. They were drown in barbecue sauce, so it was kind of like eating blubbery  fat chunks in a big bowl of barbecue sauce. Once was enough for us!

But pork belly is essentially uncured bacon and it's generally a fatty meat.  Did you not know what you were getting?

Honored Contributor

It looked good----but would never buy food like that anymore--did once and it was horrible--just wondering  how salty it all is and only have a tiny refer- freezer anyway. 

Honored Contributor

@Helen Bach  - Corky's where I live (Memphis) is always packed and very yummy!  Love it.