Honored Contributor

@eyeron  ...."I am not surprised at all that QVC has to get rid of many of their long time hosts. They will keep the hosts that bring in the most money. (Even if you don't like them). Even though people enjoy watching some of their favorite hosts... if they get paid too much, or they don't bring in the money.... they will have no problem saying goodbye to them. That's business. "......

drop the mic.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

It reminds me of the former CEO of JC Penney Co., who did away with any sales, coupons, and reduction in prices. Within a year they were almost completely bankrupt. Sometimes the CEOs have visions that customers just won't take too. I hope this new direction doesn't run QVC into the ground.

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Call me obtuse but the significance of the moniker Project Athens alludes me. I suspect it alludes others also.

How about the company return to a time when they offered unique or hard to find items?

How about a return to value and quality?

How about not featuring and selling items not yet available? 

How about actually selling exclusive items in major brands? I'm not talking about a color or style that will soon be available everywhere two months out. A shoe style exclusive to QVC or HSN so it's not also found elsewhere at far lower price. Or a purse/wallet in style or color released actually exclusive and unique only to QVC.

How about host not focused on entertainment but rather knowing their merchandise. Tell me an inseam length or sleeve length so I don't need to check online. What's the height, width, depth or weight of an item. Cut out the chitchat and focus on details.

If adding fillers to TSVs how about current up to date technology or features. Not leftover overstock. 

For home or garden items working off of lithium type batteries add an additional battery so would make it more desirable, a better value that sets it apart from Lowe's and Home Depot.

Cut down the length of presentations and add more product. I don't need and won't listen to an hour of droning on about the virtues of a vacuum.

How about coupons or discounts available across the board equally to all? 

How about some type of frequent shopper program, no matter how meager it may be? 

If people don't watch, they don't buy. Doesn't matter if it's live broadcast, streaming or online. Not watching equals not buying.

NAILED IT!! 

Respected Contributor

I am boycotting QVC for the time being. Just too sad to turn it on without thinking of Dan and Carolyn. Others on Facebook have mentioned doing the same, some even cancelling their Q Cards. I would often have QVC on for 16 or 17 hours a day but have not found any interest in turning it on since the announcement. I feel this project Athens idea will fail. The only thing that seemed good was the implementation of a loyalty/rewards program.

Contributor

They aren't off to a good start! I recently cancelled all my AD orders because I kept getting system errors trying to view/edit them. Had to call CS and was told they would forward the issue. Since I cancelled all my AD orders, who knows if it's fixed. Now today, I place an order in the AM. It's now five hours later and not only does the order not show, I never received a confirmation email. I did receive order numbers but never pay much attention to that because i always get an email and I can go into my acount and view the order. Not today. Again, CS not a help - just check back later. I am not even sure why they have CS. I am not blaming the indiviudals, I believe the stench starts at the top. Quarate does not seem to care about CS or even maintaining their technology. 

Honored Contributor

@Wobin wrote:

Interesting:

"QVC is doubling down on its mission to be the premier experiential retailer for women over 50 who love to shop,"

Qurate Retail Group Announces Three-Year Growth Plan, ‘Project Athens’ - Qurate Retail

@Wobin 

What's going on here?  Is QVC admitting their Millennial Plan isn't working out.  

"QVC is doubling down on its mission to be the premier experiential retailer for women over 50 who love to shop, a relationship-driven shopper who is constantly in the know. HSN is rediscovering its mission to cater to boutique shoppers who are 40+ and are looking to celebrate their uniqueness and individuality."

Boutique Shoppers?  Didn't QVC throw Boutique designers out when they fired Louis Dell'Olio and others.  

Honored Contributor

The problem is they should have done that 7 or 8 years ago.  They let the boat sail off without them.  They failed to forsee where shopping was trending.  They also failed to understand that their core customer which was always middle age/middle income women was aging and retiring.  That their incomes were shrinking.   Those are very nice words but it's execution that matters and I don't think they have a recovery plan.  

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Call me obtuse but the significance of the moniker Project Athens alludes me. I suspect it alludes others also.

How about the company return to a time when they offered unique or hard to find items?

How about a return to value and quality?

How about not featuring and selling items not yet available? 

How about actually selling exclusive items in major brands? I'm not talking about a color or style that will soon be available everywhere two months out. A shoe style exclusive to QVC or HSN so it's not also found elsewhere at far lower price. Or a purse/wallet in style or color released actually exclusive and unique only to QVC.

How about host not focused on entertainment but rather knowing their merchandise. Tell me an inseam length or sleeve length so I don't need to check online. What's the height, width, depth or weight of an item. Cut out the chitchat and focus on details.

If adding fillers to TSVs how about current up to date technology or features. Not leftover overstock. 

For home or garden items working off of lithium type batteries add an additional battery so would make it more desirable, a better value that sets it apart from Lowe's and Home Depot.

Cut down the length of presentations and add more product. I don't need and won't listen to an hour of droning on about the virtues of a vacuum.

How about coupons or discounts available across the board equally to all? 

How about some type of frequent shopper program, no matter how meager it may be? 

If people don't watch, they don't buy. Doesn't matter if it's live broadcast, streaming or online. Not watching equals not buying.

You want to back to 1999.  That's not the answer.  

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

The younger generation wants their stuff "fast'...not 7 to 10 days...

Bingo!   

Trusted Contributor

Do you seriously believe that younger viewers are going to buy clothing, shoes, cosmetics, etc, from the likes of Jane Treacy or Shawn Killinger. Older women wearing too much makeup, clothing that is far too tight and sloppy looking? And you really don't have collections designed to appeal to that age group. Do you think teens and 20 somethings are going to run to buy Susan Graver and Isaac Mizrahi? And do keep in mind that younger folks just don't like to pay outrageous amounts for clothing lines that are poor quality.

And consuming mass quantities of wine during hours...... I think we've all heard the tale of Shawn consuming an entire bottle of wine while on the air.So unprofessional, and it really send a negative message.