Occasional Contributor

Re: Changes are coming to QVC

You are so spot on... Corporate nonsense happy talk. Lots of syllables, no meaning. So tired of hearing "influencers," and executives babble on about: "fostering a sense of inclusive community and implementing meaningful changes that unleash impact and empower changemakers to find their voice through storytelling, collective realization and blah blah your truth for blah blah all communities." Blech.

Respected Contributor

Of course QVC will end up predominantly streaming. They have followed every other digital trend. Better get all the current Q you can. It will be gone in this format within a few years. Its too costly not to go with streaming.

Frequent Contributor

This is the image that QVC is getting across to it's audience.  Mally running around acting like a fool while cussing like a sailor.  Shawn laughing while proud to tell everyone

that she has drank an entire bottle of wine while on the air and constantly looking

at herself in the monitor.  You have no idea what the product is that she is 

presenting nor does she give any details about it.  Others giggling and acting

like children instead of selling the products.  I have gotten so that I look at

night on line at what was presented for the day and no longer watch the live shows. I 

use to buy several things a month but with the shipping and handling costs which of course the hosts never add to the price of the item when speaking I have to my husband's delight stop buying much and now check Amazon,Kohl's or Macys for the same or similar product first.  

I hope that the powers that be don't think this is progress and growth.  

Frequent Contributor

Dear Executives,  

its not your people, its your product!  take a look at the ready to wear area and the dowdy stuff you're trying to sell.  and if it isnt dowdy, its ridiculously juvenile- LOGO is a No-go and needs a complete re-vamp- who dresses like that?- only Lori G.  Isaac M hits the mark maybe 1 out of 10 items.  New Buyers, New designers- thats what you need.

Kim Gravel's line is nice, but even her stuff is getting dumb downed.

Visitor
It is a travesty that QVC fired Carolyn Gracie. As a 30 year viewer I am disappointed and disgusted. The new young hosts are fine but I make no effort to watch them. I watch Carolyn no matter what show she's hosting. I'm sure many many viewers feel the same. Sad days at QVC.
Contributor

Will miss Carolyn Gracie ..she was the BEST very subtle sales 

hammering ...talked about the product and sizing ..

A big mistake Q ...she will be missed.  Would have been a good 

teacher for new entries..   SHAME SHAME QVC...

Super Contributor

@mormel20 wrote:

Okay, they were talking about "streaming".  I am going to mention this regarding streaming.  I have some friends that live in a rural area. They can't have high speed Wi-Fi or Broadban where they live. Why? Because the service is just not there. Period. So if QVC goes to streaming they will lose people in rural areas without service.   And rural people do order because they would have to drive a long way to a real store.  I know that urban and suburban people can't image not having high speed service, but I promise you that it is true. 

It is most definitely true, because we live on a county road in a rural area four miles from the main highway through Ocala, FL -- and we're stuck with either 6MB (maximum) DSL for 'broadband' internet from AT&T (which they refuse to upgrade) or the two lowest tiers from Comcast -- and zero cell reception inside our house, as well. 

Super Contributor

@Tom1mac2 wrote:

Why aren't my posts accompanying the posts I was responding to?  I guess it must be the "superlative" IT department.  I hope that my posts do make some sense, at least!

You need to quote the message you're answering.

Esteemed Contributor

@ManyMeows - Do you seriously believe any of the hosts are consuming real wine? Come on, and I don't see the honchos going along with that considering the liability aspect of it.

Frequent Contributor

Amazon has it all and leaves QVC in the dust when it comes to variety, and easy returns. My daughter uses Stitch Fix and her favorite designers actual stores like Lily Pulitzer and Tory Burch.