Honored Contributor

IMO we have some posters with vivid imaginations.  We seem to be in a period of over-sensitivity and this thread is a prime example.  Carolyn dis her mother?  I don't think so.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Watch Carolyn a lot and never thought she was condescending.  Just joking around.

IMO, they are the most compatible pair on QVC.  Both say they are good friends off air, as well.  

From what I see here, all hosts say things that offend sensitive viewers.  No way they can please everyone.  

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Thank you, shaggygirl.   

Gary can always fend for himself -- in fact, he knows how to return the shade, lol, but I do feel sorry for Carolyn's husband and mother who, since they are not on-air, are continually at the mercy of Gracie's passive-aggressive jabs.

Thank you, I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who is turned off by Carolyn .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

Thanks, Jewel22      Yes, I agree.  D&C definitely doesn't need a mascot.  

I do think Carolyn comes across as condescending, ironically towards her main demographic, the one she calls "my senior gals".   I'm no spring chicken but that phrase really gets on my nerves.  We Boomers don't appreciate being called old, lol.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, but I like Carolyn ---  love her voice, she's knowledge and gives an informative presentations on the products in her shows, she has a fun personality......Ive never heard her be disrespectful to her mom........

I think AS's silliness and dancing and immature behavior, calling vendors and models by special  nicknames is far more offensive than what Carolyn does with nutsey.....Also, AS's "busy mom" routine and talking about her kids has worn thin....I think its time for a new host on Monday Nights Fashion's Night In.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

Hi, silver fox -- I do appreciate your perspective, thank you for posting in my thread, which I just wanted to "wind up" by responding to people who replied here to my initial post, and then I will not post anymore out of respect for Nancy Drew 1.    It seems that every time I try to get myself a new name, it winds up as "Nancy Drew".  It doesn't seem productive or respectful on my part to have it continually pop up.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

IMO we have some posters with vivid imaginations.  We seem to be in a period of over-sensitivity and this thread is a prime example.  Carolyn dis her mother?  I don't think so.

@Kachina624 

I'm with you, I never heard Carolyn "diss" her mother....perhaps the OP was referring to a particular style her mom liked or didnt like but that's all Ive heard her say....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Hi, silver fox -- I do appreciate your perspective, thank you for posting in my thread, which I just wanted to "wind up" by responding to people who replied here to my initial post, and then I will not post anymore out of respect for Nancy Drew 1.    It seems that every time I try to get myself a new name, it winds up as "Nancy Drew".  It doesn't seem productive or respectful on my part to have it continually pop up.

@Nancy Drew   Please don't feel that you need to leave.  As soon as I look at your posts I notice the number of posts and see that you're a new poster.  It's obvious you're not Nancy Drew1 once you open the post and see that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew  This may be off-topic and out of line, but I believe that you need to change your name on this board.  I realize that you do not have to do this, but the moderators should step in and take care of it.  I personally find it insulting that someone would take almost an identical name from someone else.  And, please do not change to mine.  How unfortunate for the real Nancy Drew 1.  Again, my snarky opinion.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@Nancy Drew 

You might want to contact the QVC Social Team and see if they can assist you with the problems/issues with your nickname  QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com