Respected Contributor

For several months now, I can't access any QVC homepage items!  This means I can't read the item descriptions or order any item online!!  A message comes up on the page site:

THIS PAGE IS HAVING A PROBLEM LOADING.  GO TO YOUR START PAGE OR OPEN A NEW TAB.

What does this mean????  Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem?  Thanks in advance!

Regular Contributor

It may be your browser, have never had a problem.

reboot or try a different browser.

Honored Contributor

Re: CAN'T ACCESS QVC

[ Edited ]

@fortune,   I'm going to post a copy of some general troubleshooting questions and ideas I've posted before, in case something might work for you.   Sorry for so many of them, but if you take them one-by-one you might find the culprit causing you this aggravation.

What kind of device and which browser are you using?

Have you experienced problems with any other sites, and also did you change anything on your device prior to this problem starting?

Be sure you have the most current version of your computer’s operating system software and also the current versions of browser software.

Clear all browser cookies/cache/website data, quit the browser and relaunch it.

Try a different browser (as @prisrob mentioned).         

If you have any browser addons/extensions enabled, try disabling them to see if that changes anything.  

If you’re accessing the site with a bookmark or “favorite,”  try,  instead,  using your browser search engine

to locate the main QVC site and then enter QVC there,

directly.

(Sometimes old bookmarks or “favorites” use links that take us to a server or area not properly updated or maintained.)

I'm sorry you're having trouble.🌻   Several months is too long!   I hope one of us here can offer the right suggestion or clue to help find the source of the problem and resolve it.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Is your computer/software old?  you may be due for an upgrade.

Honored Contributor

Re: CAN'T ACCESS QVC

[ Edited ]

Clear your history, cookies and cache. Be sure you haven't missed any upgrades to your browser. Then run a virus/malware program. 

I had similar trouble with Kohls on my ipad and clearing out everything solved the problem.  

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@fortune,   I'm going to post a copy of some general troubleshooting questions and ideas I've posted before, in case something might work for you.   Sorry for so many of them, but if you take them one-by-one you might find the culprit causing you this aggravation.

What kind of device and which browser are you using?

Have you experienced problems with any other sites, and also did you change anything on your device prior to this problem starting?

Be sure you have the most current version of your computer’s operating system software and also the current versions of browser software.

Clear all browser cookies/cache/website data, quit the browser and relaunch it.

Try a different browser (as @prisrob mentioned).         

If you have any browser addons/extensions enabled, try disabling them to see if that changes anything.  

If you’re accessing the site with a bookmark or “favorite,”  try,  instead,  using your browser search engine

to locate the main QVC site and then enter QVC there,

directly.

(Sometimes old bookmarks or “favorites” use links that take us to a server or area not properly updated or maintained.)

I'm sorry you're having trouble.🌻   Several months is too long!   I hope one of us here can offer the right suggestion or clue to help find the source of the problem and resolve it.😊

@dooBdoo 

Thank you so much for responding to my post!!  Sorry it's been so long for me to get back to you!!   As you can see, I don't have any trouble with the blogs and forums!

I just got a new computer!  Windows 10.  I hate, hate, hate, and hate it!  I had previously used Windows XP.  I think I have Microsoft edge browser.  I don't have to use a browser to access sites, though.  I just use the search bar at the lower left.  I have no idea how to access a different browser.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Clear your history, cookies and cache. Be sure you haven't missed any upgrades to your browser. Then run a virus/malware program. 

I had similar trouble with Kohls on my ipad and clearing out everything solved the problem.  

@CalminHeart 

I don't know if I currently have an anti-virus program!  For a while, I was getting messages that I didn't even have a firewall!  This Windows 10 s----!

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Is your computer/software old?  you may be due for an upgrade.

@NYCLatinaMe 

This is a brand new Windows 10 computer!!!

Valued Contributor
Do you have a preferred browser? Like Chrome or Firefox?

You can download your preference via Edge by searching ‘browser name’ download and following the instructions.

(Chrome download or Firefox download)

Definitely check and see if you have an anti-virus program. It’s not safe to be online without anti-virus...especially if you’re making online purchases.
Respected Contributor

@hippiechick7897 wrote:
Do you have a preferred browser? Like Chrome or Firefox?

You can download your preference via Edge by searching ‘browser name’ download and following the instructions.

(Chrome download or Firefox download)

Definitely check and see if you have an anti-virus program. It’s not safe to be online without anti-virus...especially if you’re making online purchases.

@hippiechick7897 

I downloaded Explorer (the browser I used to have) and viola!!  I can now access QVC!!!!