Valued Contributor

CALIFORNIA UNABLE TO PLACE ORDERS

Is anyone else in California unable to place QVC orders? I noticed the issue last night, but customer service was closed. Today I was told there is an issue and they are working on it. I hope this is resolved soon bc hubby’s happy dance is really getting old! 🕺

Honored Contributor

Re: CALIFORNIA UNABLE TO PLACE ORDERS

[ Edited ]

@Ifeelwicked.    Maybe this will explain..  I've tried to provide a link but this system is so screwed up that it won't bring up the right thread.  It's on about page 5; you can look it up.  The title is correct but the text is wrong.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Proposition-65-California-is-Handling-my-Shopping-Addiction/m-p...

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

I tried ordering Martha Stewart's Salmon. When I got to the shipping address it said,

Unfortunately, this item cannot be sent to the requested Ship-To address. This may be due to a shipping restriction or lack of service at that address. Please enter an alternate ship-to delivery address or remove the item from the shopping cart. You may also contact Customer Service or QVC Live Help, and a representative could provide more details or alternatives.

M58056 - Martha Stewart (8) 6-oz Atlantic Salmon Filets w/ Butter

I called customer service, asked me where I lived, PROP65 FOR CALIFORNIA. EFFECTIVE 8/25/18. Disappointed. Had ordered the salmon before, really liked them. I tried ordering Egg Harbor Faroe Island Salmon that went thru.. Strange. I enjoyed Egg Harbor Salmon, really good. That did not make sense! I liked the Martha Stewart's not only taste good, but, I loved the butter you received with it.

Occasional Contributor

Yes me too. I called twice (the 1st rep didn't know & was snippy but the 2nd was knowledgeable & explained to me). I was told finally that QVC is reviewing Prop 65 guidelines until then almost every item will be restricted. That includes Denim & Co. I was just trying reorder another D&C shirt that I received today & was blocked. It may be due to companies having to pay state taxes BUT they should have told the consumer long before...

They are going to have a lot of angry QVC customers....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Ifeelwicked.    Maybe this will explain..  I've tried to provide a link but this system is so screwed up that it won't bring up the right thread.  It's on about page 5; you can look it up.  The title is correct but the text is wrong.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Proposition-65-California-is-Handling-my-Shopping-Addiction/m-p...

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Proposition-65-California-is-Handling-my-Shopping-Addiction/td-...

Maybe this works better.   

This link to an LA Times article was included in that thread.

http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-pro-con2-2009nov02-story.html

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I just tried to order an Attitudes by Renee Poncho online and was informed it could not be shipped to my San Diego address. I did call CS. She tried again to order the item with the same result. She said this does not apply to all items, so I also was interested in a Laurie Felt top, and that order went through. For now, I guess it will be hit or miss!

~H~
Respected Contributor

If there's a non-perishable item you really want, can you have it sent to someone in another state and have them forward it to you? 

Esteemed Contributor

This will likely cost QVC a ton of money in lost sales.

Valued Contributor

@SleeplessinSD wrote:

I just tried to order an Attitudes by Renee Poncho online and was informed it could not be shipped to my San Diego address. I did call CS. She tried again to order the item with the same result. She said this does not apply to all items, so I also was interested in a Laurie Felt top, and that order went through. For now, I guess it will be hit or miss!

I couldn’t order jewelry, but my Temp-tations order went through. I’m trying to get a headstart on my Christmas shopping. Their timing couldn’t be worse. 😡

Occasional Contributor

Friday after midnight I tried twice to order three C. Wonder accessories for my daughters to sock away for Christmas and I got the error. I thought they restricted my account which didn't make sense.  I contacted customer service on Saturday afternoon.  The lady was a bit snippy initially but she was curious so she keep searching and found out why.  I thought about it and shipped to another state and a relative will ship to me but I won't order anything else because its too much of a hassle.  I just really wanted those items as a Christmas idea. This whole thing is terrible and like another postor said, "bad timing"!