New Contributor

Re: CALIFORNIA UNABLE TO PLACE ORDERS

I am so frustrated with QVC. I’ve tried to order eyeshadow and a camera in the last month and told can’t ship here. When I call, they just blame it on prop 65 and tell me to write to the state. When I explain to them that other retailers are able to ship the same items to California, they don’t seem to get that it isn’t a state problem but something with QVC. I’ve asked how to get in touch with someone higher to report the issue but got nowhere. I was able to have the items shipped to me by Nordstrom & Target so the problem seems to be with QVC. The eyeshadow I tried to order was a two pack and it wouldn’t let me BUT if I orders the same exact product in a single pack I could?!?!
Esteemed Contributor

@Jujube80s wrote:
I am so frustrated with QVC. I’ve tried to order eyeshadow and a camera in the last month and told can’t ship here. When I call, they just blame it on prop 65 and tell me to write to the state. When I explain to them that other retailers are able to ship the same items to California, they don’t seem to get that it isn’t a state problem but something with QVC. I’ve asked how to get in touch with someone higher to report the issue but got nowhere. I was able to have the items shipped to me by Nordstrom & Target so the problem seems to be with QVC. The eyeshadow I tried to order was a two pack and it wouldn’t let me BUT if I orders the same exact product in a single pack I could?!?!

@Jujube80s - Technically, as you'll see throughout this thread and many others on this topic, the issue is with QVC's vendors, though QVC shares part of the blame for not enforcing the Prop 65 requirements well ahead of the latest updates. It's frustrating that there isn't anything more QVC can (or will) do to make vendors more proactive, but until all affected vendors provide the necessary information to the Q, their items won't ship.

Occasional Contributor

This is becoming a real problem on QVC. I recently tried to purchase a suitcase and was told that it couldn't ship because of Prop. 65. Tried placing 2 different shoe orders today on FFANY and both were rejected. It would simplify things if QVC could alert customers either online or on air and state that the item cannot ship to Calif. It is very irritating to spend time browsing and researching products only to find that they cannot be shipped. I live super close to lots of stores. I might have to start taking advantage of them and cut back on QVC. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Gina PJ

I have the same issues.  QVC is being stupid about this.  They knew before August 31st this was happening and should have required all vendors to comply with the requirements which is nothing more than a warning label about possibly containing carcinogens.  I too couldn’t order a pair of shoes on the FFANY event.   I would be very concerned if Martha Stewart’s food can’t be shipped to California or Isaac’s clothes.  I am sure the vendors would have been happy to provide the warning labels rather than not be able to sell their goods