Esteemed Contributor

Sometime in the early 2000s, the QVC had a young female British host.  She didn't last very long.  I cannot remember her name.  Anybody recall this person?

Respected Contributor

I remember, but do not remember the name.

Respected Contributor

I do remember, but also cannot recall her name.  I do, however, remember that she was absolutely awful, and they let her go rather quickly.

Respected Contributor

I remember her.  She was nice but very nervous.  I felt bad for her because the comments about her were cruel.  I kind of liked her.

Honored Contributor

Re: British Host

[ Edited ]

Davinia Palmer... I think she was Welsh... She took a lot of abuse from a lot of posters as I recall... If you can believe everything you read, she resigned but possibly under duress, as there were reportedly performance issues... The gig with QVC was probably just not a good fit for either her or for them... An interesting blurb about her...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davinia_Palmer

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb-thank you!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I remember Davinia. I didn't care for her, I can't stand a British accent. I can't turn the channel fast enought when I hear IM rep. (I posted what she sounds like, but my post was removed, so I will just leave it at that). 

Respected Contributor

Davinia Palmer and Gabrielle debuted on air the same night- January 15, 2008. While Gabrielle's mentor was Pat DeMentri, Davinia's was Jane Treacy. Davinia's last on-air appearance was October 10, 2008 with Ojon Haircare.

QVC8661800.jpg

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Davinia Palmer... I think she was Welsh... She took a lot of abuse from a lot of posters as I recall... If you can believe everything you read, she resigned but possibly under duress, as there were reportedly performance issues... The gig with QVC was probably just not a good fit for either her or for them... An interesting blurb about her...

The blurb about her short stint on QVC sounds like it was written by a poster.  LOL  Whoever wrote that really disliked her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

The blurb about her short stint on QVC sounds like it was written by a poster.  LOL  Whoever wrote that really disliked her. 

Yes, it's interesting how none of the references listed there on the page support the "rumors" related to her time at QVC.  There is a note at the top of page issues indicating it was nominated in 2008 to be reviewed for neutrality.   It notes someone associated with Davinia (or Davinia herself) edited the page, so wonder why that part about the QVC rumors was allowed to stay???  Guessing she hasn't looked at her own Wikipedia page for a while!