Respected Contributor

My retired and live alone lifestyle doesn't leave much reason to dress up these days. But for many years when we were involved in the convention circults  I depended on Bob to provide me with the type of clothing I needed in those days.

I still have some of his things, including  a dozen or so of his beautiful scarves, that I wear from time to time.  I particularly love one white, zip front jacket with  a gorgeous eagle embolden on the back.  It will always be around. 

Clothing aside, Bob Mackey is one of the best examples of a true gentleman I can think of.  Always charming, great sense of humor and always showing what a real man can be in the disaster that is Hollywood.  I honestly don't need any more clothing in his styles these days, but I try not to miss his shows. I do buy a few of his simpler things.  He's a joy to watch.

Honored Contributor

I always enjoyed watching Bob Mackie's presentations, in part because he has such a rich background in design and also in the entertainment industry.   When I first saw him, he presented beautiful silk blouses which certainly weren't inexpensive but were lovely and well-made.   His newer designs and fabrics don't appeal to me but they seem to sell well.   I understand silk has become even more costly, yet I wish he could continue that higher-end line.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

I just love watching his presentations.Today I really enjoyed him with Leah.Whwn he is on with mary Beth or Leah,I love it! Being retired I do not need  the same items as when I was working,but every once in awhile,I buy something.

Respected Contributor

I have several of his tops, the more toned down ones. They fit beautifully, are of excellent quality, and he used beautiful colors. I like this lovely man. 

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

I have the same reaction as you do to Bob Mackie, Sweet Serenity.  He always strikes me as a gent, low key, nothing to prove.  He's charming with the callers, and I like his dry humor.

If I were a show host, or were ever to meet him, I'd be nervous, b/c I bet he doesn't suffer fools gladly, and he's the sort of person whose approval I'd want!

----------------------------------

I think that happened with Mary's hosting last night's show. Mary - who I like - was fawning  all over him and giggling at everything he stated.  Finally had to change the channel!!

Have to say that Bob is one of my favorite vendors. I  enjoy hearing him talk about his famous customers.  I own several of his items. I buy very simple styles, not the blinged out/over embroidered type.  

That's how Mary operates, she's the kind of person who makes who ever she's with seem like they are the most important person she knows. I know there are people who are very good at that and they may even believe it, but I find it disingenuous.

Honored Contributor

I saw him get POed at Kirsten one night and he let loose on her... In a gentlemanly way.   She had it coming and deserved what she got.   She was out of line.   Have never seen them together again.   He's a sweetheart. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

I have the same reaction as you do to Bob Mackie, Sweet Serenity.  He always strikes me as a gent, low key, nothing to prove.  He's charming with the callers, and I like his dry humor.

If I were a show host, or were ever to meet him, I'd be nervous, b/c I bet he doesn't suffer fools gladly, and he's the sort of person whose approval I'd want!

----------------------------------

I think that happened with Mary's hosting last night's show. Mary - who I like - was fawning  all over him and giggling at everything he stated.  Finally had to change the channel!!

Have to say that Bob is one of my favorite vendors. I  enjoy hearing him talk about his famous customers.  I own several of his items. I buy very simple styles, not the blinged out/over embroidered type.  

I saw that, @corita. As much as I like Bob, I had to move on, too. Mary lost it. Bob gave her advice on what color would look with her skin tone, and that really really sent her spinning.

Esteemed Contributor

Bob Mackie feels he does the work of an artist and appreciates a host who makes some sense and can communicate with him about color and designs. I think he is very kind with hosts who know little else but the color and the price.

I especially enjoy his telephone calls from his mature women who have loved him for years.

I watch him, but I don't own any of his collection, because I don't like to draw attention with clothing. But I love to see women who can carry it off beautifully.