Trusted Contributor

Re: Bizarre order processing.....

@PinkieBelle I'm surprised qvc social team hasn't jumped in with suggestions

Esteemed Contributor

Well, the Q isn't the only one......I did some online shopping last week and Macy's is too....LOL

I ordered some leather gloves and Nike seatshirt for hubby. I got 2 emails telling me the sweatshirt was "out of stock" and one that the order was cancelled. I also got one wiith a tracking number. When I looked at "My acct"....it als showed the order cancelled.

I received the sweatshirt yesterday via UPS. 

Regular Contributor

Now they are both showing as "IN PROCESS" again with a NEW estimated delivery date of Feb 12.

So, original EDD was Jan 29.  Then it was Feb 8.  Then it was Feb 9.  And now it is Feb 12.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are still "IN PROCESS" today.

Here's an interesting twist to this saga.  On a whim, just to see what would happen, I placed an identical order for the same items on Feb 1 (as the product page showed they were available).  However, on this order, I selected express shipping.  When I placed the order, the EDD was Feb 4.

Guess what?  One of the items from the Feb 1 order shipped yesterday and is out for delivery today.  The Jan 22 order is still "IN PROCESS".  Why in the world was an order processed and shipped ahead of one that was placed 10 days prior (same item, same size)?

The other item in the order from Feb 1 is still "IN PROCESS".  However, the estimated delivery date is still Feb 4.  Given that Feb 4 is today and it hasn't shipped yet, I don't see that happening.  Although CS did actually tell me once that an order would be picked up, shipped, and delivered on the same day.

I think there is a small chance that the other item is actually in the box with today's shipment.  We'll see.

I really am just baffled by this whole thing.

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkieBelle boy I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with this order. I just had an item that made it all the way to my local post office and then I guess the label fell off or was torn off, at any rate, the item (which is no longer in stock & QVC and was shipped directly from the vendor) is being "returned to the shipper" so I am out of luck entirely on it.

I did call CS and they were very nice and helpful and put in a credit for the item for me. Since it was shipped from the vendor and is being returned to them, not QVC there is no chance they can reship it out to me with a new label.

IMO if you want to know why the 2nd order got priority?  You paid extra for shippiing.

I ordered my item just before I left the house for the day and didn't go back in to upgrade the shipping - after all why should I have to?  I would bet that had I asked for it to ship UPS, I'd have it in my hands and not "lost" in the FedEx NOTSMART post.

QVC Customer Care

@PinkieBelle

I would be happy to assist you with this if you would please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com. I understand how frustrating this is and appreciate your patience. There is a mechanical issue with shipping at one of our warehouses which is sending the status from in process to backorder. I would be happy to investigate.

Beth 

Customer Care

Regular Contributor

Beth on the social team must be a miracle worker of some kind.

I did receive the one jewelry item from the Feb 1 order yesterday (WOW is it beautiful) but I need a different size.  I changed the size on the Jan 22 order.

I requested that the Jan 22 order be upgraded to express shipping and Beth did that for me.  Then, this morning, my credit card was actually charged for the Jan 22 order (both pieces) which I hope means that it is ACTUALLY in process of shipping.  YAY!  I'm stalking my order looking for an update to "SHIPPED" status.

Time will tell but I'm hoping that the Jan 22 order ships today.  There must be something about that express shipping that caused action to happen.  I have a feeling that the standard shipping made it get "lost" somehow.  

Whatever issue there is at that warehouse has been going on for far too long at this point and hopefully they're dealing with it swiftly.

Contributor

I was wondering if it was just me, that was seeing something wrong with ordering/shipping.  I've got something that...according to QVC...is supposed to be delivered today, but was shipped yesterday?  It's coming via USPS and the tracking number that QVC provided...I can't track in either my tracking app or at USPS's website. This has happened once before with QVC but I thought it was just a glitch.  I'm kind of wondering now as to what is going on.

Super Contributor

Having a similar problem with a set of 2 humming bird feeders that were on air this past Sunday. When I ordered them, there was no indication of them being sold out, advanced order, or on wait list. When I finished my order, they were "in process". Checked back later in the day and saw that they were now on backorder. When I click on the item, they are "no longer available". I did contact QVC, and was informed that they are trying to get another shipment, but it doesn't sound too promising to me. Don't understand how this could be no longer available when they never sold out in the first place.It's not like I waited hours after they were on the air to order; I did so while the gardening show was still on. Did they even have the item in the warehouse?

Regular Contributor

Things still seem to be bouncing around but here's an interesting tidbit.  One of the items in the order was presented on air on Sunday during the designer jewelry event.  It was presented in all sizes and it was not mentioned that it was an advance order or anything other than available for order and shipping now.  My Jan 22 order, which has been alternatively "IN PROCESS" and "BACKORDER" ever since I placed it, is now "IN PROCESS" with an EDD of today.

Yesterday, the item in the Feb 1 order went to "BACKORDER" but it is now "IN PROCESS".

The social team is indicating that there is some kind of technical/mechanical problem with the one warehouse.  It's been an issue for quite a while now - going on 3 weeks at least.  Shouldn't it have been sorted by now?

Meanwhile, I ordered the Sunday TSV and it has already shipped.

It seems that they are depending too heavily on a system that is has issues.  It's time to get some humans on the case until the system is fixed.

Beth with the social team was able to upgrade the shipping on my order and said that they did communicate with the warehouse which said the items were, in fact, in stock.  The problem seems to be that the people at the warehouse are waiting for the system to spit out the packing slips before they do anything and that doesn't seem to be happening.  It makes me wonder what the folks that work at that warehouse are actually doing with their time if they aren't picking and shipping orders?

At this point, all I can do is sit and wait and continuously check the order status.