Super Contributor

How to note a busted seam on return

How do you note that a return is damaged when it's not blatantly obvious? I bought a SureFit cover and as I was looking over the cushion cover one corner seam is busted. It looks like a misstitch. I know it will just unravel with use. TIA!
Honored Contributor

Re: How to note a busted seam on return

I'd make a notation on the return slip where it says comments (something like):  "left bottom corner, front side is misstitched and broken, will unravel with use" ....

Hopefully they'll see it and not process it back to someone else.... ! 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
QVC Customer Care

@Ane1Care wrote:
How do you note that a return is damaged when it's not blatantly obvious? I bought a SureFit cover and as I was looking over the cushion cover one corner seam is busted. It looks like a misstitch. I know it will just unravel with use. TIA!

Hi @Ane1Care you can mark the return packslip as defective/damaged and there should be a place for a short note where you can write split seam. You can also attach a note to the packslip explaining what is wrong. If you have any questions please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com. 

Esteemed Contributor

I once had to return a set of pillow cases (not from QVC) due to a coming apart seam on one of them and in addition to making a note on the return slip I used a little piece of note paper and safety pinned it right next to the bad seam with the words "seam coming apart HERE" with an arrow pointing right at it.

Honored Contributor

@Ane1Care  First call Customer Service and tell them the problem and tell them you are sending it back.

Then (what I do) is take a sturdy piece of bright paper, print the problem and safety pin the paper to the problem.  That way they will see it.

It is important that you call Customer service and they will refund or they will even email you a return label.

I've done that several times.  They are good about accepting it and refunding your money.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  You must one of the very few CS in the returns who actually does their job ie, opens your returns, reads your notes AND acts upon your info the way they should by crediting your s/h back.

Either that or you have an 'in' with the right people in the returns & credits area.

Honored Contributor

DH says the only things that are "busted" are drug dealers and women w/large tops.

LOL!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man