Honored Contributor

Re: Basso coat too big for petites

I wish they had petites also! My Mom was a big fan of Dennis Basso, she had several of his coats and she was  always admired by someone!

HO HO HO!!!  www.BIRTHDAY-CELEBRATION.biz  Winter Holidays Are Here - Last Minute Shopping?  GIVE A SUBSCRIPTION GIFT TODAY!!! THE GIFT OF ANNUAL HUGE RECURRING PAYOUTS-GUARANTEED! Merry Christmas Pictures, Christmas Scenery, Merry Christmas Happy Holidays, Pretty Christmas, Green Christmas, All Things Christmas, Christmas Colors, Winter Christmas, Christmas Seasons

Honored Contributor

I think it's too much coat in any size for a small figure and I didn't like that style on me when I was many pounds heavier and close to the top of the petite height.  Then they just emphasized my roundness and now I think I'd look as if I grabbed my tall older sister's coat from the closet.

Honored Contributor

Oooh la la.   I'm loving the look of that coat.  I don't have a very warm coat after losing so much weight.  I'm not buying a coat for Amy so I don't care how it fits on her xxs frame.  I am 5'2" but I'm a Large.  I the length and I want to be able to comfortably wear thick sweaters under it.  It's nice to see it glammed up but I'll be wearing it casually with jean, leggings, boots.  I'm considering color now.  Cheetah, black or chinchilla.  

Honored Contributor

I own 3 Dennis Basso winter coats and they fit me well.

I think Amy looks fine in the coat.  I just don't get pushing back sleeves on a winter coat.  Maybe rolling them info a cuff, but not pushing them back.

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Looks too big and shapeless on Amy.  And the sleeves pushed up don't work. 

A coat for the very tall and very lean. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   Amy is pushing back the sleeves because they are so long they are over her hands. Folding them back would make some bulky cuffs

Petite bodies need narrower shoulders, shorter length in sleeves and body.

This coat is very boxy and clearly doesn't fit her. She is trying to make it work.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just watched Dennis in the 8:00 a.m. presentation. I had to turn it off. He is

too hyper, moves around too much, doesn't let the host speak and is very difficult to watch! I have been watching him for years and he has always been somewhat

this way, but the past few years he has been over the top.  He sounds desperate

in his hyper presentations as if he is trying to make more sales by pushing,pushing,

pushing.  He must be very hard for the hosts to work with.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have an older Basso black coat, much like this one. I hardly ever wear it, even though the workmanship is very nice. I think these coats can easily add 10 to 20 pounds to a person's appearance. Even the tiny models look much larger than they usually do in this TSV. The sleeves on my Basso coat are much too long for petites. Why no petite coat offerings in the TSV? I actually prefer my fitted cloth/wool petite coats. I did like the Basso cropped faux fur jacket, shown at midnight, because it did not seem quite as bulky and overwhelming. I thought that jacket looked much better on petite Amy Stran. 

Esteemed Contributor

I see, the TSV is a coat. I thought (hoped) it would be a throw. Nice coat for some.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Basso acts a bit hyper ! Talks over Amy, she was trying to present the pants and he interupted talking about the coat and said he didn't care about the order of things. He's walking around, the show is hard to watch because he is hyper. He's always hyper, to much for me to watch. I turned off the presentation 

I agree, he's a blow hard and that voice ! EWW ! wonder if he smokes.