Esteemed Contributor

in the past backordered items almost always shipped!    Something is going on here .  I e had 2 items in backordered status after being In process and neither ever shipped, both cancelled.   It's almost like  there computer system isn't able to keep up with the orders and over sells ,  then later catches up.   A lot if clutches lately . And may I add I'm really beyond annoyed they I cannot cancel an item within a few hours and have to go through the inconvenience of sending the it back 😠.   Waiting for one now !!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor
This just happened to me. I ordered matching pieces on one order BOTH were in stock. I found out the jacket went to backordee but they shipped the matching tank. When I called the Q of course they blamed it on the vendor. So of course I'm not going to keep the tank which means a trip to the post office. But I shouldn't be upset?
Respected Contributor

Yes I have, about this back-order and I hate it. But it saved me money , I won't wait I just cancell it . I doubt they will send it if you cancell it , if it ever comes in. And this when it's gone it's gone, and then it will post wait list . What ??? I think it would be nice to get a letter letting me know it's back in. That has never happened. And just about everything says when it's gone it's gone.That is pressure sale, and I usually won't buy because if it's faulty then you probaly can't have it replaced.

Respected Contributor

The post office will pick it up  at no extra cost if you can't take it there yourself.

Respected Contributor

I ordered something about a month ago and wanted to cancell, I was told if it comes and I don't want it the Q. wouldn't charge me return postage.I always have had some help from the customer service.

Occasional Visitor
I’m a new customer to QVC and my first order consisted of 4 items one of which was in stock upon ordering and of course they have the payment for the order on hold in my bank account... so the money is tied up for several days to find out it’s on back order!! WTF!!! In my opinion this is fraud!! QVC is selling inventory they do not have!!!! A company this big should have the technology to keep track of inventory! When an order is placed for an item and payment is confirmed for the item the system should take the item out of inventory!!!! So far QVC has had almost 200$ of my money tied up for an item I’m not going to get for 4 days and it won’t be released for at least another day or two and it’s last weekend before Christmas they have this money still tied up!!! In my opinion this is FRAUD!!!!! If you don’t have the inventory for an item don’t say it’s IN STOCK!!!!!! Stop gambling with peoples money in hope someone cancels or returns items!!!!! I could of ordered same item from HSN cheaper and it’s still IN STOCK with HSN and I could of received item by now!!!! Looks like I will be doing my business with HSN from now in!!!!!! QVC is a scam and fraud in my opinion!!!!!! Apparently I’m the only one that has the balls to say it!!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Back ordered items!

[ Edited ]

@BeccaLou wrote:

The post office will pick it up  at no extra cost if you can't take it there yourself.

@BeccaLou  is right.  You can set up a pick up at USPS.com.  As long as you enter your information by 2 am, your item can be picked up the same day.  The pick up time is during your normal time of mail delivery.  There is no cost for a pick up.