Honored Contributor

Wish hosts would STOP saying "guaranteed delivery by Christmas" ...

Just my pet peeve!!!

I'm baking today but have periodically tuned into Q for jewelry shows.

All day -- the hosts keep saying "guaranteed delivery if you order now for Christmas"!

I know its not a "secret" shipping issues have been a big problem!  But, why not be honest with the customers to not get the "backlash" of complaints and disappointed customers.

Now I just heard David say starting 9:00 pm it goes to "Additional $3 shipping fee to "guarantee by Christmas" so order now! 

The reality is :  once the item(s) leave QVC warehouse or vendor warehouse no one really knows when it'll arrive or if it will arrive by specified date!!!  

I had tracking info from another retailer delivery supposed to be Wednesday 12/18 (I ordered on 12/9) -- delivered today by USPS -- adding 2 days!  USPS is certainly UNdependable if they transfer to the "surepost" delivery system!

(Guess I'm cranky today! lol) 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wish hosts would STOP saying "guaranteed delivery by Christmas" ...

It's not just QVC - pretty much all retailers guarantee delivery up to a certain time.  

I'm sure most of the deliveries are honored. I'm sure some are not.

If you're going to order late, common sense has to come into play. 

Super Contributor

Yes, packages are usually delivered before Christmas, but we have found when ordering this late you might expect UPS to knock on your door with the packages about 8:30 or 9:00 pm Christmas Eve with the packages. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Qvc. may have good intentions to get the items to us by Christmas, but the post office, ups and fedex have different ideas.  I would not trust any item to get to me by Christmas at this point.  Especially with a saturday and sunday thrown in just before Christmas  

Esteemed Contributor

I think most of us that order in time, will get our items as promised. My battery TSV with a delivery date of 12/20, was marked as having been delivered this morning by USPS. I haven't actually checked my mail yet, but have not had any significant delivery issues. Of course, some orders will not be on time, so I can see where it will be frustrating for some. Shipping times and deliveries are improving, so let's hope it continues.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE

Honored Contributor

They shouldn't guarantee what they have no control over, that's just common sense.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think they're only showing items on air and advertising items online that truly have the possibility of arriving as promised. I ordered a Honora necklace yesterday; it shipped this morning via UPS (2nd Day Air, not SurePost) and is scheduled in the UPS system for delivery on Tuesday, which is exactly what my EDD states.

It is often issues with vendors that slow processing and shipping, so my best guess is that QVC is handling the shipping of these special items or has already contracted with specific vendors for expedited shipping in accordance with stated timelines.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Guess I am CRANKY along with you! They cannot guaranteed delivery! With weather as it is and packages being transferred from UPS to the Post Office. I don’t think so....... on the news tonight they were saying that Amazon can’t guarantee delivery by Christmas due to the over abundance of orders and not enough employees. HO HO HO Merry Christmas! 🎁🎅🏼🎄(Why is it that they can get orders out and delivered so fast at CHRISTMAS, but not during the other 11 months! Something wrong with that picture.😱)
Super Contributor

Did they happen to mention what year?!  If it's Christmas of 2020 - we might be okay!

Honored Contributor

We need to give USPS, FedEx and UPS props this time of year.  They are working 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, trying to keep up with the demand.  

I feel for them because they have to work so hard and such long hours the last couple of weeks before the holidays, often because retailers over-promise and people lack enough common sense to order earlier.