Occasional Contributor

Is anyone else finding that everything you order ends up being "backed ordered"  ?

I buy and it says "In Stock", then once i order it says BACK ORDERED, just wondering if

any one else is haveing this issue.

Super Contributor

That happened to me when I ordered two of the newer Martha Stewart t-shirts in the pink and the white.  My order was fine until the next day when each was "backordered" so I assumed I'd never get them for some crazy reason and cancelled them.  Then four days ago I got two letters from QVC stating they were sorry for the lack of merchandise in this item and would be trying to get more stock in to fill my order.  What?  I'm totally confused as well as frustrated by this.  But I did get the two other t-shirts in this brand I ordered and will try them on tonight.  So far any other item I've ordered hasn't been "backordered" at least yet.  Tomorrow I'll see if this happens though.  

Esteemed Contributor

@zuniwrote:

Is anyone else finding that everything you order ends up being "backed ordered"  ?

I buy and it says "In Stock", then once i order it says BACK ORDERED, just wondering if

any one else is haveing this issue.

Nope. I order about once a month and that "backorder" treat is one that's missed me so far.

Trusted Contributor

It happens to me all of the time. Has QVC lost the ability to count?

Honored Contributor

It's happened a handful of times over the years, but it's been a while.

Respected Contributor

This past weekend I ordered a Cottage Farm item a few days later I find out the item is on back order, so it went from in process to back order. Interesting!

Esteemed Contributor

Yep...I haven't had any luck lately with backordered items....I just cancel

Esteemed Contributor

They probably oversell assuming some customers will cancel their orders, though that seems to be getting more difficult to do.   Kind of like the airlines that oversell their seats then when everyone shows up it's a fiasco.......JMO

Super Contributor

It has happened to me several times.  When I ordered, the item was in stock.  I checked the next day, it says in stock and processing.  A few days later it is listed as backordered, and much later I receive an email saying the order was cancelled as it is out of stock.  Hence, I am ordering less.

Contributor

I too am being inconvenienced with enforced Back Orders after I place the order, wait several days only to be notified it won't be shipped promptly. From clothing to jewelry to handbags-it is getting worse. I wonder if QVC is having a problem getting products from China and advertises they have it but wait and see how many orders are placed?  This situation is very frustrating.