Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus  It's amazing how few viewers seem to notice that they're being fleeced. 

@Kachina624  I guess I'm a savvy shopper & also am aware of Q's gimmicks! 😜 

Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Shanus  Because if they gave you free shipping and you then returned the item, they wouldn't get back the original shipping charge like they do now.

Bingo, I think we have a winner!  I was thinking this also. 

Respected Contributor

It's also buy more, spend more. I try not to be lured by a sale to buy something that I wouldn't glance at twice when it was full price. Unless I am confident the items will fit and I would actually wear them, a few $ off doesn't usually cover the cost of returns and it's a waste of $.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

It's also buy more, spend more. I try not to be lured by a sale to buy something that I wouldn't glance at twice when it was full price. Unless I am confident the items will fit and I would actually wear them, a few $ off doesn't usually cover the cost of returns and it's a waste of $.

@SunValley  You're so right!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I'm fine with the wording as it is now, since they also do (although a bit rarer) $4.00 off and even an occasional $5.00.  

@Krimpette  That's still only $1 or $2 off if you buy a second item. Definitely not a sale to me or an incentive to purchase more. I'd rather see 20% off the entire purchase if you buy 2 or more like the B&M stores. They'd laugh at $2 off!!

I don't think QVC cares whether the offer is much of a saving or not - it's a come-on (or a "welcome on in") to make the naive (or math-challenged) think it's a desirable, worthwhile "deal." I do laugh at it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Especially with apparel, I am buying an item that may or may not fit me or look good on me. Why would I buy two? In the brick and mortar world, I can only think of once did I buy the same item in different colors. I just like variety not sameness.