Frequent Contributor

Cold shoulder is not attractive

The cold shoulder top on Jane is terrible.  And she is not a small!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cold shoulder is not attractive

I think Jane looks cute.Not everyone is a size xs!

Super Contributor

I think this version by Belle looks great on Jane, Kim and all the models!

Respected Contributor

I would really like this sweater if it were not cold shoulder.  I am not a fan of that look, to me none of those on now look good it in it.  It is more noticeable on Jane because she is short and it is a tunic and too long for her. 

Yes, she does wear a size small, she is a size 6 in tops.  She has said many times that she carries her weight on the bottom.  She has a small waist and does wear size small tops.

If this were a regular sweater I would love to have the pink and the blue, great sweater except for the cold shoulder.  Cold shoulder would look better in tops that were not sweaters IMO.

Honored Contributor

JMO, I think cold shoulder is not attractive on most people, accentuated by clothing manufacturers trying to cold shoulder designs that should not have the feature. Every top design doesn't look good (on anyone) as a cold shoulder.

Just last night, our local news hour female anchor wore one, and it was a "no" on her. She is in her late 50s and looks it or slightly more. Her cold shoulder was black with large silver rings where the lower arms began. It was supposed to be a quasi motorcycle look. It was not at all her usual more tailored, mainstream style. It probably would have looked slightly better without "the look." It didn't, IMO, look professional. It wouldn't have looked professional for a newscaster of any age. It didn't offend me in any way, I just felt the design & fabric was unprofessional. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

I didn't see it.  Sweaters that are heavier look odd as cold shoulder, IMO.  I see that as a summer style for lightweight tops.

Respected Contributor

I like it but it would flatter her more in a larger size. 

Honored Contributor

I thought it looked good on Jane.  Having said that, it popped when she held the blue up in front of herself.

Trusted Contributor

I think Jane looks so good that I'm thinking of buying it in the same color.  It has a neat, tailored look.  I don't know why people have to start snarky threads.

Trusted Contributor

I'll wait for Jill Martin to walk out in one in a thick cable knit and bell sleeves.