Occasional Contributor

What has happened to the as is selections? A month ago there was thousands of items in this clearance section. The last week I have noticed that I can select fashion and there will only be a few hundred clothing items for all the sizes that Q carries! What has happened to all the products?

Super Contributor

I noticed this too! It went from over 5000 items to under 1100, and overnight, too because I check regularly! It will seriously curb my QVC shopping because I never received an as is item that wasn't perfect. 

Honored Contributor

I noticed this two nights ago.  I usually check Quacker Factory and before that there were around 190 items.  Two nights ago it was suddenly 10.

I thought there must've been some kind of glitch in the system, so I checked again last night and today and, nope, only 10 items.

Maybe with COVID they've decided to ditch things that have been there long-term.

Respected Contributor

Maybe the free shipping about a week ago moved a lot of inventory.  I buy very little clothing items (except for BFD) from the Q, but purchased a Cuddl Duds velour top on the free shipping day as-is and it was only $12.  It arrived in perfect condition.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

The free-shipping day was three weeks ago (Oct. 11th) and the QF items were all still there until two nights ago, so I really don't think it was that.

It was just a case of one night they were there, the next they were gone.  Definitely some kind of clear out on the part of QVC.

Respected Contributor

There are people that buy large quantities of the Q clothes and sell them on eBay and Poshmark brand new.

There must be some place where they buy all the leftovers and I have bought them. The ones I have received are brand new and packaged very nicely. Maybe from the outlet stores. The prices are great too.

Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

There are people that buy large quantities of the Q clothes and sell them on eBay and Poshmark brand new.

There must be some place where they buy all the leftovers and I have bought them. The ones I have received are brand new and packaged very nicely. Maybe from the outlet stores. The prices are great too.

resellers buy the pallets not from As is.  thats' where the profit is 

Respected Contributor

I checked Issac's on-line and it did go down on items available by about 2/3.  I wonder if QVC is restructuring their warehouse business plan and have found that they are using too much manpower to manage items that aren't selling. (I'm thinking the flashpad from years back)

I'm hopeful if this is true, maybe the as-is items will now have lower prices to start with to move the inventory and they can move their manpower and resources to get their other non "as-is" items processed more quickly and shipped out quicker (especially with the holiday shipping now going on).

IMO, they can't continue to have these shipping issues and expect to retain customers long-term with other on-line vendors who have been able to get items shipped and delivered in 2-3 days. 

I hope this is the case because I like to shop here, and have gotten some great items, but the shipping issues aren't helping their reputation.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Super Contributor

My guess is that QVC is selling their "as is" merchandise to some clearance houses that buy mass items.  That way their warehouses are cleared and they are not spending money individually handling these items especially things that are again returned.

Honored Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

My guess is that QVC is selling their "as is" merchandise to some clearance houses that buy mass items.  That way their warehouses are cleared and they are not spending money individually handling these items especially things that are again returned.

makes sense

if you like me, spend some time on the resell sites, then look at Q you might see the same items available.

doesn't make sense to hold on the inventory that you have paletted and try to sell on TV and .com

they need to get the stuff in sell and keep the cash flowing not spend on housing goods