Respected Contributor

I was on the argan oil kick for awhile, but then I snapped to! I realized there were other oils and moisturizers that did a far better job for my skin, at a far less cost too.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @Girlboss, I've been wondering about the Repair cream.

Contributor

I  agree too much 

Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed because I don't watch QVC every single day.

That said, she lives in California and QVC is in PA so I don't believe she is on "every single" day. The QVC schedule also does not indicate she is on "every single day."

Some people are on a lot and it feels like they're on too often and that's a bummer. Thankfully, every TV I've ever owned has come with a remote to change the channel or turn the TV entirely whenever I want and I'm in complete control of what I watch and what I do not. 

Honored Contributor

I really do not understand the dislike for Josie.  What did she do to any of you complaining about her?  She is a very pretty, young woman with a family and she really did put argan oil on the map.  I give her credit for that.  I also think she has beautiful clothes but there are many women here that complain about that.  Lighten up.  She is a human being with feelings.   If you don't like her fine but don't go on and on about it.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Fashionistasincebirth wrote:
Other retailers sell 100%argan oil for much less expensive prices and the only ingredient listed is the same as Jose argan spinosa Organic argan oil certified organic USA made in the USA pure and not greasy Walgreens or any beauty store Sally

@Grace6663582, Josie's Argon oil is "first cold pressed". That refers to the process used to extract the oil. There are a variety of extraction processes. Most use heat, and/or nasty chemicals, and those have a ruinous effect on the fragile oil. The higher price of Josie's Argon oil reflects the higher quality of the finished product from being first cold pressed

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Other retailers sell 100%argan oil for much less expensive prices and the only ingredient listed is the same as Jose argan spinosa Organic argan oil certified organic USA made in the USA pure and not greasy Walgreens or any beauty store Sally

@Grace6663582, Josie's Argon oil is "first cold pressed". That refers to the process used to extract the oil. There are a variety of extraction processes. Most use heat, and/or nasty chemicals, and those have a ruinous effect on the fragile oil. The higher price of Josie's Argon oil reflects the higher quality of the finished product from being first cold pressed

Shea Terra Organics (and many others) sell pure, organic, cold-pressed Argan oil. So no, the higher price does not indicate any difference in the end result.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

Shea Terra Organics (and many others) sell pure, organic, cold-pressed Argan oil. So no, the higher price does not indicate any difference in the end result.

@suzyQ3, that's  FIRST cold pressed, as opposed to cold pressed. There's a difference in quality, and in some products the difference is worth paying for.

For instance, I use (never heated, best tasting) first cold pressed olive oil directly onto a cold salad. But I use (less expensive, friction heated) cold pressed in cooked foods since the oil will be negatively altered when exposed to cooking heat anyway. 

As to Josie's Argon oil, my skin is extremely sensitive, and made worse by medical issues. The difference between one oil extraction process and another really DOES matter. I repeat, the higher price of Josie's Argon oil reflects the higher quality of the finished product. from being first cold pressed.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I haven't noticed because I don't watch QVC every single day.

That said, she lives in California and QVC is in PA so I don't believe she is on "every single" day. The QVC schedule also does not indicate she is on "every single day."

Some people are on a lot and it feels like they're on too often and that's a bummer. Thankfully, every TV I've ever owned has come with a remote to change the channel or turn the TV entirely whenever I want and I'm in complete control of what I watch and what I do not. 

Josie has a home in Pennsylvania right near QVC!  She said so on one of her presentations. 

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@suzyQ3, that's  FIRST cold pressed, as opposed to cold pressed. There's a difference in quality, and in some products the difference is worth paying for.

For instance, I use (never heated, best tasting) first cold pressed olive oil directly onto a cold salad. But I use (less expensive, friction heated) cold pressed in cooked foods since the oil will be negatively altered when exposed to cooking heat anyway. 

As to Josie's Argon oil, my skin is extremely sensitive, and made worse by medical issues. The difference between one oil extraction process and another really DOES matter. I repeat, the higher price of Josie's Argon oil reflects the higher quality of the finished product. from being first cold pressed.

@x Hedge, the term "first" as applied to cold-pressed argan oil is meaningless because there is no second, third, etc. pressing. There is only one.

And also, Josie's oil is deodorized, which means that it has been refined. Shea Terra has not been refined at all. It is hand-pressed and certified organic -- and fair trade.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland