Occasional Contributor

Anyone else see the Harry London guys beige nail polish?

Anyone else see the Harry London guys beige nail polish? It really creeped me out to see his shiny reflective beige nail polish as they zoomed into a micro close up of his hands cutting into the chocolates. His big guady rings didn't help either. It was just bizarre. Guys should not polish their nails, especially when presenting something that requires extreme close ups of the fingers on national television. Very unappetizing. And, it's my opinion and I can express it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else see the Harry London guys beige nail polish?

I have heard that the reason for guys wearing nail polish on tv, usually clear polish, is because if they didn't, their nails would look dirty through the camera.

Occasional Contributor

I can understand a clear or even a buffing out of the nails which can give them a shine but his nail polish was literally beige and so unappetizing. Rick Domier has nice hands/nails and I've never seen him where nail polish.
Honored Contributor

If the Harry London guy was white, wouldn't beige and white nail polish look the same?

Honored Contributor

I went back to video of presentations with Leah, Rick, and Sharon and could not find the beige polish.  He does seem to have clear nail polish on, or else he's had his nail bed buffed....  but I couldn't find it in order to see it....  Beige would be interesting....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

It looked to me like his nails were buffed.  Dependng on what was used to do the buffing it could look beigey.  I used to buff my nails and used different buffing powders that slightly looked different colors when done.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My granddaughter is in the business (films).  Guys have weird nails, sometimes they look dirty.  If they have a fungus they do polish them with a fleshy color, but usually they don't do close ups.  Maybe his close ups could not be avoided.  He most likely had them buffed, but maybe his flesh under the nails appears more beige.?

IMO, I would rather see a man with black nail polish than buffed polished nails, hahahah.

Honored Contributor

"Guys should not polish their nails"?  

Who makes these rules??  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@keycat wrote:
Anyone else see the Harry London guys beige nail polish? It really creeped me out to see his shiny reflective beige nail polish as they zoomed into a micro close up of his hands cutting into the chocolates. His big guady rings didn't help either. It was just bizarre. Guys should not polish their nails, especially when presenting something that requires extreme close ups of the fingers on national television. Very unappetizing. And, it's my opinion and I can express it.

WHY NOT ???  We are people, not sexes. When are we all going to stop pulling the "gender" card ????

If a man likes polish, so what ? We like baseball, cigarettes, alcohol, etc., etc., etc., etc.....

We had to deal with sexists when men began too wear pink...then purple...oh stop it !!!

Why is it SO important and why should anyone care? It's so trivial !

Besides, all of the bards, poets, etc., like Shakespeare and his peers and men long before (Egyptians) wore it...so what ???

It's a minor detail of life.

We were studs in our nostrils...to me that is so much worse  if you want to nitpick  !!!!!  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

"Guys should not polish their nails"?  

Who makes these rules??  

LOL, the OP apparently.   I'm always amazed how nitpicky some people get over other people's clothes, nails, eyes, etc.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*