Respected Contributor

Anyone else not buying a lot because who knows when they’ll go out again

[ Edited ]

I find myself only buying comfy clothes and not much else because I have no clue when  I'll go anywhere where I leave my vehicle again. The only  places I've been since this all started is to the vet parking lot to get my dogs meds and the pharmacy drive thru. Heck I could wear pj's doing that. And who cares what purse or shoes you have when you don't leave you vehicle. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else not buying a lot because who knows when they’ll go out again

I'm not buying much of anything--especially here because the shipping seems to have come to a standstill.  As a safety manager, I completely understand keeping only essential people, but as a consumer, I kind of expect my purchases to show up too.

I've worn pants twice in  8 weeks and only because it was snowing LOL!

Respected Contributor

I just pulled out my summer clothes yesterday and I don't need a thing.  My work place is very casual plus my hours have been cut back, our church service is now via Facebook (who knows how long that will be) and the hospital where I volunteer put us on hold.

And, I haven't seen a thing that would even entice me to buy.

Esteemed Contributor

I have bought a few items but a lot less than I would have previously. A mix of wants and needs. While I have money coming in now, who knows for how long?

In addition, many things just seem so unnecessary now.

Honored Contributor

I have been buying only what is necessary for a while now.  Havent bought any clothes or skin care or anything I dont need right now.  Just food and other important things needed. 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Seems like we are spending a lot of money, but not on anything much but consumables. 

We beefed up the bare spots in our storage, and when we go to the store for a grocery run, we are spending several hundred at a time, as we only want to go once every two to three weeks, and are shopping for another houshold when we do. 

Not ordering much here, have no need for additional clothing at all. 

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I just pulled out my summer clothes yesterday and I don't need a thing.  My work place is very casual plus my hours have been cut back, our church service is now via Facebook (who knows how long that will be) and the hospital where I volunteer put us on hold.

And, I haven't seen a thing that would even entice me to buy.

I looked through my summer clothes too and usually by this time I would have purchased a couple dresses from One World by now.  I'm good with what I haveSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't buy what they are labeling "comfy clothes."  That whole leisure look doesn't work for me.  Just not my style.

I live in the city and don't drive.  I'm still walking on the streets and going to the stores.   Running into friends on the street.  

I'm dressing the way I always dress - other than my "going someplace clothes."  But - I have plenty of them and just recently bought two dressy tops. 

Esteemed Contributor

The main thing I am buying is food, and supplies I think we may need later. 

I did splurge and buy a nuface trinity. I did this because I think my days of going to get botox and filler, and going to the med spa for other things are pretty much over for a while.

Honored Contributor

I have been buying meats/groceries  to stock up my freezer/pantry and extra pantry items that I have run low on. Am cooking alot more these days --- and I bought things like a vacuum sealer and bread machine to start doing more cooking/baking for the freezer. I have been very lucky to be able to order groceries online where I live. I don't go out at all anymore------even have my meds mailed to me. So just the basics for me-----no fun stuff really!! Just neccessities