Frequent Contributor

Anyone else have a problem with there Easy Pay Payments?

I am wondering if anyone else has a problem with there easy pay payments? I noticed I have some that say past due please pay now? But there is nothing wrong with my credit card infact I have recenlty made orders on it with qvc and they go through fine. So is there a glitch they are working on? I don't want to hit the pay now button and end up getting charged more then once. I called customer service on the phone yesterday and she said she wasn't sure. Any information on this?

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else have a problem with there Easy Pay Payments?

I just looked at my easy pay and everything looked fine.  The March easy pays moved off the list and onto my credit card bill.  Can you look at your last credit card bill and what's pending for the next bill.  That should tell you if you paid it.  I haven't had an easy pay billed twice or heard of it here on the forums.

Esteemed Contributor

I recently had that but I needed to update the day cards expired. QVC was amazing about the situation. I logged on to Evine to update information there as well and when I tried to pay online, I couldn’t. So I called them and since two months had passed, they sent my account to collections. They said they tried calling but I don’t answer unknown numbers. I asked why no message was left, and they said it was an automated call. Lesson learned. 

Contributor

Unfortunately, yes, MANY times. Even though I knew that my card was in good standing (paid off every month) at first I assumed it had something to do with my credit card company. This week for the first time it happened with a different credit card that I also use for QVC purchases (also in good standing and paid off monthly). It took 2 phone calls with customer service to get it to go through. FYI sometimes i can hit the "pay now" option online and clear it up myself - but that only works about half of the time. I have never had a "double change" when doing that (and I do check my credit card statements carefully). It is obvious to me that this is a QVC system problem. and I certainly hope that they fix it soon (but it has been going on for quite a while). I am sorry that you are having the problem, but at the same time glad that it is not just me, if you know what I mean. Both of the cards that I was using are visa cards. I don't know whether or not that has any bearing on the situation. 

Frequent Contributor

Well I just got off the phone with two reps. one a senior rep. who was nice. The first lady I was talking to was completely rude. I don't know what is happening because I use to always get nice reps. But the past few times I have had  two nasty reps. She couldn't answer my questions. and she said since I had several questions she was going to pass me to a senior rep Her attitude was nasty..  Really she shouldn't be in this type of job if she is like that. 

But any how I like you have a few cards on site one debit and one credit card. Both of them were coming back with a few easy pays as past due. Both cards are fine in fact I placed a few orders recently with q and they went through find on these cards. It seems to be a glitch with there system and they couldn't anwswer the questions of if there was a glitch or what was going on. I was afraid to hit the pay now button on the past due because I did not want to be charged double with this glitch. She told me to go and ahead and do it. So I hope it all works out well. But on my end for the ones that I hit pay now you can usually  log in online for my debit card and see a pending charge immediately I don't see that yet and q easy pay system still seems to be acting up. 

Another reason I guess to be leery of the easy pays.

Trusted Contributor

Yep, it just happened today. It said past due, but the way they billed my Q card, the last payment had to be moved to the next month. That would have been an additional easy pay. However, I was able to update my Qcard (whatever that means) and they will bill me next month. I don't get it.

Respected Contributor

Rarely use easy pay so have not had problem stated in this thread but did return an item purchased on easy pay and even after I received my return credit still charged next payment. Called CS and suppose to be receiving a credit. One reason I don't care for easy pay is it requires a lot of monitoring. Not the Q in so many ways that it once was.
Trusted Contributor

@Kindaglitzywrote:
Rarely use easy pay so have not had problem stated in this thread but did return an item purchased on easy pay and even after I received my return credit still charged next payment. Called CS and suppose to be receiving a credit. One reason I don't care for easy pay is it requires a lot of monitoring. Not the Q in so many ways that it once was.

I had the exact same thing happen after a return.   They kept billing me the EP's for TWO months after the return and I hadn't even noticed.   Ugh.   I hate having to monitor every single thing but it seems like it is necessary now. 

Honored Contributor

BEST ANSWER  Do not use easy pay.  Easy pay is a trap....just pay in full for what you buy......

If you are using easy pay to pay because you can not afford to pay in full OR YOU FEEL MORE GUILTY PAYING IN FULL.....YOU REALLY SHOULD NOT BUY THE ITEM....

And YOU CAN NOT AFFORD IT ANYWAY.   It is no different than carrying debt month to month....easy pay is just  extended debt. .... And an excuse to be in debit. A bad excuse. 

I say say this as I used easy pay on everything.....and I saw how much of a trap it is....you lose focus on what debt you REALLY OWE after awhile.  

It feels good now not using easy pay anymore.  

The hosts push easypay because QVC knows that people get sucked into the pay trap and spend much more than the should which spells PROFITS. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaidenwrote:

BEST ANSWER  Do not use easy pay.  Easy pay is a trap....just pay in full for what you buy......

If you are using easy pay to pay because you can not afford to pay in full OR YOU FEEL MORE GUILTY PAYING IN FULL.....YOU REALLY SHOULD NOT BUY THE ITEM....

And YOU CAN NOT AFFORD IT ANYWAY.   It is no different than carrying debt month to month....easy pay is just  extended debt. .... And an excuse to be in debit. A bad excuse. 

I say say this as I used easy pay on everything.....and I saw how much of a trap it is....you lose focus on what debt you REALLY OWE after awhile.  

It feels good now not using easy pay anymore.  

The hosts push easypay because QVC knows that people get sucked into the pay trap and spend much more than the should which spells PROFITS. 

You are so right.  They use easy pay as a ploy to think you can afford it, and for some it may be necessary to spread out the payments, but it is easy to over spend and I am afraid people get into trouble with it.  If QVC really wants to give us an incentive, how about percents off after you spend a certain amount, or for good customers how about free shipping after you spend a certain amount?  So many ways to reward your customers without using easy pay as your pull!