Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone else buying less and less from QVC due to no refund on initial shipping charges?

@deeva wrote:

No. but I buy less from QVC these days because other online retailers have better prices and a greater variety of products. 

Agree!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone else buying less and less from QVC due to no refund on initial shipping charges?

I am buying no clothing at all.  Still buying some Ripka jewelry but that's it.

Super Contributor

I purchase only specific things that I can'tell get elsewhere. Mostly clothes and jewelry. If something doesn't work out, I return it. I don't return alot. QVC should look to other retailers like Amazon and give their best customerselling a break with shipping.

Honored Contributor

I haven't purchased anything from Q in 10 months.  It's not due to the return policy.  It's because the quality has been horrible (at least on what I bought) and sizing has been so far off.  

Trusted Contributor

I have been pretty satisfied with what I have purchased from the Q.  I know what I like; I know my sizes in the various brands, and that tends to drive my purchases.  I don't usually randomly buy as much as I used to--and I therefore have less returns.

My only concern is shipping speed and cost of shipping.  If you buy two colors of the exact same pant, for example, why do you have to pay  $3 per pair?  I was considering a GILI bag on clearance until I saw that the shipping was almost $12.  I buy a lot from Amazon, and everything is shipped so fast! Plus, as a Prime member, I have a lot of perks.  And yes the $100 a year more than pays for itself.

As far as customer service, the Q has been great.

I used to order on HSN, but I almost never buy from that network anymore.  I don't think the quality is as good.  Plus the sales people really, really, really (did I say really?)  annoy me.

Contributor

I don't buy as much as I used to but not because of the shipping thing.  It's mostly that the prices are too high for the things I want or need.  If I see a good deal, then I will purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm buying less from QVC. Part has to do with shipping costs.  Part has to do with high prices on items that I can get cheaper elsewhere.  Part has to do with annoying hosts whom I will not watch (less viewing=less buying).  Part has to do with this Community.  By hiding away "favorite brands" in their own forums, I don't see them as often, so there is less temptation to buy compared to when they were visible in the category forums like Fashion.  Also, I buy less due to the way the Community is run.  I know they don't miss my business, but I have satisfaction in knowing that I'm not contributing to it.

Respected Contributor

I certainly buy less and less.  Sometimes I even cancel some of the auto-delivery items that come up for shipment.  I don't like not having the s&h refunded....   I don't really have money to waste on trying out something....

Super Contributor

I order less for many reasons.  They simply don't have the products like they used to years ago.  In this age of online retailers QVC just can't compete anymore.  Better deals elsewhere.  Ironically I purchased two clothing items 3 weeks ago---the jacket arrived crumpled up in a bag and shoved in my mailbox and the skirt was lost and never arrived.  I remember a time when an expensive jacket came shipped on a hanger in the box.

Those days are long gone.

Occasional Contributor

YES!! That was one of the perks of shopping on QVC, They definitely lost a lot of business my way!!!!!!