Esteemed Contributor

Anybody Notice a Sudden Influx of "New" Posters?

I know that everyone was new once, but when someone has a registration date that is 5+ years old, and only a couple of posts, it strikes me as being fishy.

I couldn't help but to notice that in the past few weeks, there have been more "new" posters whose registration date is years old, yet they only have a few posts.

Maybe it's innocent, or maybe not.

Either way, it strikes me as interesting.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody Notice a Sudden Influx of "New" Posters?

No doubt these posters are just voyeurs and really don't care to come out of the shadows very often.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I noticed a bunch of "new" posters.  Didn't notice the registration dates, but I've seen a lot of new nics with very few posts.  Sometimes you see a bunch -- one right after the other -- in a thread.  That always strikes me as odd.  

Honored Contributor

I love new posters who, on their first or second post, advise us on how this whole operation should be changed

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed that a few of those low post count members who registered some time ago sound very similar to someone who recently said he's (she's?) not posting here anymore.  One who just started posting recently starts the same types of threads too.  What a coincidence!  Lose one poster and pick up several more just like him/her.

I wonder if the moderators bother to check IP addresses to look for any patterns.  They seem pretty busy, so maybe not.

Trusted Contributor

I noticed it in the Logo threads about a week ago. Maybe they don't want the Nogo watch dog to know what they really think of some of the styles so they can continue to post in the Nogo forum without consequences.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 wrote:

No doubt these posters are just voyeurs and really don't care to come out of the shadows very often.

I don't think "voyeur" is the right word but can't think of what it should be.  Maybe they're lurkers.

Honored Contributor

we were all new posters at some point

no worries 

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

we were all new posters at some point

no worries 

It's what some are posting on that's suspicious. Some are new, some you can tell have knowledge of what not to say or not reveal their known identity.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess some of you are far more invested in this Board than I am.  I enjoy chatting back and forth - even arguing sometimes. But I never thought to check on each poster to see how long they have been here. I suppose I just take most things at face value and don't care to be too inquisitive.  I don't even know how long I have been posting.  I do know that regardless of who posts I will continue to accept whatever or whoever it is and won't be checking into their tenure here.