Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody Notice a Sudden Influx of "New" Posters?

@Perkup wrote:

I guess some of you are far more invested in this Board than I am.  I enjoy chatting back and forth - even arguing sometimes. But I never thought to check on each poster to see how long they have been here. I suppose I just take most things at face value and don't care to be too inquisitive.  I don't even know how long I have been posting.  I do know that regardless of who posts I will continue to accept whatever or whoever it is and won't be checking into their tenure here.

Same here Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I guess some of you are far more invested in this Board than I am.  I enjoy chatting back and forth - even arguing sometimes. But I never thought to check on each poster to see how long they have been here. I suppose I just take most things at face value and don't care to be too inquisitive.  I don't even know how long I have been posting.  I do know that regardless of who posts I will continue to accept whatever or whoever it is and won't be checking into their tenure here.

I agree, but those that change their identity to spout off must have their reasons. Maybe they made friendships and don't want trouble. To me, I don't hold grudges but if someone known to pick people's posts apart and they do it to me, well that person's a pain in the arse.

Trusted Contributor

Really, guys?

Esteemed Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

Same here Smiley Wink

@alliswell @Perkup All you have to do is glance to the left of the post under the username to see an approximate registration date.  It's not like it takes a lot of effort to look up one's tenure here.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes for some reason the date I (and others) began has been changed a few times  during  board maintenence by QVC itself.

If I only started in 2010,like it says  noone here  would have known my Barkley.He died that year and I got my Maltie in 2011. We Pet people had many great late nites together here in those early days, even though we did not have a "space of our own"  we  bonded for life!

Actually  ,I have been here almost  since my DH died in 92

I have been here since it all began (don't remember the year)  and  there were only a few of us. I was formally CorgieMom  and before that i had some kind of "shopper" name  like maybe  "shopsalot" or something like that.I do not remember.

I personally  only changed my own name 1 time ,from Corgimom to MalteseMomma when my Corgi went to RB. I do not know what happened to the name I had in the very early days.Q deleted it during reconstruction of these boards  Actually, not many people came here at first..........

QVC historian here........lol  Smiley Happy

Edited to add  I just noticed my date.....lol .it seems Q used my birthdate as the day I signed in here......lol .......... anyone else the same ?

Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Perkup

I agree!

funny in all my years here I hardly ever,ever look at a name or when they signed up !

I just read the posts  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I look at the post count if I don't recognize a nic.  There are a few "new" argumentative members posting today.  It's funny that they don't seem new-- they know too much.

Trusted Contributor

I don't pay any attention to poster's names, nicknames, or numbers of posts.  I will notice a unique picture, like the swimming shark.  I could not tell you that poster's name however.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

we were all new posters at some point

no worries 

Yes we were.  I read for a few months before I started posting and then got attacked by someone who looked up my brief history and told me to "go back to the cosmetics board". 

My few previous posts had been made in beauty.  

Welcome to all new posters, no matter when you signed up! We don't all eat our young. Man Surprised

Respected Contributor

I read these boards for five years before posting. That was plenty of experience to understand what I was getting myself into, epecially on the old forum where nasty spats and horrible posts about hosts were left unchecked. It was a free-for-all brawl at times.

As for the topics chosen for first posts, sometimes you need to be fired up about something to give one the boost needed to make post #1. We need participation on the boards, so if the first post is a complaint, so be it. If a post seems suspect or the complaint is off the wall, I just pass it by, as things tend to sort themselves out, and the mods are part of that.