Honored Contributor

And speaking of Bob Mackie.....

Watched him early this AM. What a true gentleman he is. Don't know who the host was, but she was truly unprepared for hosting. I'll bet she didn't she even know who Bob Mackie was! 

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Re: And speaking of Bob Mackie.....

[ Edited ]

wrote:

Watched him early this AM. What a true gentleman he is. Don't know who the host was, but she was truly unprepared for hosting. I'll bet she didn't she even know who Bob Mackie was! 

@Group 5 minus 1 The host was Cathy Pedrayes.  Bob was his usual professional gentleman self.  I did cringe when, in wrapping up the show, Cathy thanked Bob for his "whimsical designs."  I don't buy Bob Mackie fashions, but I would call Quacker Factory whimsical, not Bob Mackie. 

Honored Contributor

I thought that part of the host's job was to prepare for their shows. Guess not.

Honored Contributor

I woke early and did catch a part of Mackie's show.  I had several thoughts.  One was that I like Bob himself more than his clothes.  I know they're tame compared to many of his more famous designs, but they are too over the top still for my figure and my life. 

Another thought was that the young host doesn't know all that much more about him than I know about all the young stars who won Grammy's last night.  I didn't think she was unprepared - young and learning seems more likely. Bob is nothing if not a mature businessman.  He knows who is talking to and and to appeal to his audience.  Like Louis, he just sells his products because he can.

Finally, I was thrilled to hear his praise of modern polyester.  I've liked it for a long time, but he really explained why better than I ever could.   The only piece of Mackie I own is a gorgeous poly scarf from the 1990's that people always think is expensive silk, so I know he's right.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 The host was Cathy Pedrayes.  Bob was his usual professional gentleman self.  I did cring when, in wrapping up the show, Cathy thanked Bob for his "whimsical designs."  I don't buy Bob Mackie fashions, but I would call Quacker Factory whimsical, not Bob Mackie. 

Bob Mackie is one of my favorites. 

Regarding this particular host, it would be to her advantage if she took the time to learn the correct  pronounciaton of words such as, "button" and "cotton."

Trusted Contributor

I love Bob Mackie clothing. The fabric his tops are made from is fantastic. I also love to wear color. They are even more beautiful in person. I have 4 of his tops I wear when we go out to grab dinner or for what ever reason. Don't be afraid to wear Bob's tops no matter your body style or size, all anyone is looking at is how beautiful they are. I'm a 1x. Pick something in blue, it looks good on everyone. 

Honored Contributor

I am on the fence about this,  that host is too young to have watched the shows we did or to know Carol Burnett or Cher and know that Bob did the clothes.

However, I think that QVC should educate her as to his history so she can go on air and sell.  Or she can do her own research.

"you will be working with Bob Mackie he has been at the Q for xx years have you heard of him?"

Esteemed Contributor

I watched his show this morning too and bought one of his tops that I thought was so striking -- I could not resist.  And yes, I thought the host was unprepared.  Actually, I was thinking she was a train wreck.  Bob was gracious as always, but he should not have to put up with some of the stupid comments that the host made.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I watch KP with the sound off, I cannot believe this woman is still employed at QVC. Who can't prepare for a show and follow what's on your card. I don't mind her accent and pronunciation of some words, but she has got to be more prepared. I think maybe she would be better on Beauty IQ with the other young hosts, if they don't want to get rid of her.

Honored Contributor

I watched Bob Mackie this morning for some of the same reasons stated. He's classy man and love listening to him. Bob's clothing is classy, sophisticated, stylish, elegant but whimsical? Even I caught that little ditty early in the morning.