Esteemed Contributor

Re: And speaking of Bob Mackie.....

enjoyed watching Bob Mackie this morning....but the host was awful...

Valued Contributor

@jackthebearwrote:

I am on the fence about this,  that host is too young to have watched the shows we did or to know Carol Burnett or Cher and know that Bob did the clothes.

However, I think that QVC should educate her as to his history so she can go on air and sell.  Or she can do her own research.

"you will be working with Bob Mackie he has been at the Q for xx years have you heard of him?"

I saw some of this presentation before I had to turn her off.  While I don't care for a lot of his designs, I do respect him as a designer of long-standing .  This young host, who I have seen too many times, needs a lot more training.  QVC management and the producers of her segments should insure that she, or any host, should be knowledgeable about what they are selling.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@jackthebearwrote:

I am on the fence about this,  that host is too young to have watched the shows we did or to know Carol Burnett or Cher and know that Bob did the clothes.

However, I think that QVC should educate her as to his history so she can go on air and sell.  Or she can do her own research.

"you will be working with Bob Mackie he has been at the Q for xx years have you heard of him?"

I saw some of this presentation before I had to turn her off.  While I don't care for a lot of his designs, I do respect him as a designer of long-standing .  This young host, who I have seen too many times, needs a lot more training.  QVC management and the producers of her segments should insure that she, or any host, should be knowledgeable about what they are selling.

I know,  it makes me question if they ever get any feedback at all

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of Cathy P saw her fumble and bumble other presentations as well............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I missed his show today, but I would think that every host would be required to know about every vendor and the vendor's product.  If it is not required, professional responsibility is to take the initiative and find out.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

It floors me, it absolutely floors me that people are given jobs and then they don't do the homework themselves!!  By the time we'd be done we'd know his inventory and every star he worked with.... why not??  It would only help the presentation with facts and trivia.  

And where is QVC with this learning curve??

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I am not surprised Cathy would say something like that, her presentations are a bit sloppy.

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebearwrote:

I agree. It's part of her job to know her "famous" vendor (to many, many customers). She shouldn't "fly by the seat of her pants," and it is obvious she did. 

Love Bob. I think he's very used to by now of the Q's inadequacies in training their hosts. 

Respected Contributor

Never hearing this host present before, you guys had me curious, so I watched a 'recently on the air item' ... oh my, poor Bob.  The host reminded me of Charo who was on TV around the same era as the Sonny & Cher comedy hour show.

Honored Contributor

I have always enjoyed him and his clothes.  I have a twin set I bought many years ago for my son's rehearsal dinner -- this set has been many places and I still enjoy wearing it.

I didn't see the show today but some of the newer hosts are certainly NOT prepared.  I saw some real bloopers late one night but then again, I've watched Q for so long I could probably be a host just from the same "items" presented over and over again!