Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 I can think of one new host like that too.  Her voice reminds me of a cross between monotone and nasal.    Something about it just sounds off to my ears.

Valued Contributor

If you take a job and the boss does not feel you perform to the standards and represent the company,then after a trial period,you are let go.Isn,t it even more serious if you are on the air and thousands and thousands of people are watching you? Wherever you work you must do the job to the companies standards.

Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@OnThatOne wrote:

There is no "try out".  You get a six month contract to see if it's a good fit.  You can quit or QVC can let you go.  After that, you get your "real" contract.

New hosts get a five year contract and then it's renewed every year after that, if you make it that far.

Put it like this.  If you made it to getting that six month contract, you made it through the "try outs" or in other words, several stages of auditions.

How do you know they get a 5 year contract?  It seems like IMO too many years to be given to a new employee.

The Q is not that stupid to give a five year contract to a newbie.

Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Well with new QVC hosts in training i have been told that they can let u go when u are a trainee and a position is not guaranteed. I thought she wasnt very good. I think.Mary Nelson is the worst and is probably next. None of these new hosts have any real wowing appeal. When LR started she had charisma in spades it was a star was born. She was a little green but god was she gorgeous and lit up the screen. Then the rest is history when Lisa became a phenom. U can teach everything else but u cant teach someone to have a personality. Lisa took Shawn Killinger who.was so frantic and all over the place and groomed her to be super successful.

Mary N. gets the info out, but she needs to work on her accent. I couldn't listen to  Albany at all, because of her accent. Not all accents are bad on air.

I am waiting to see the new host who is coming back from maternity leave.

Love Mary Nelson. She's a natural host and won't be going anywhere but up, up, up.

Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Her FB page is definitely gone as are all references to her on any other QVC host pages.

She was on a great deal in the beginning. I haven't seen her for weeks now. And she's not on night time, either.

Esteemed Contributor

If the Q let Alex Butler go, they need to reevaluate all their hosts. Alex certainly is not the worst!

Honored Contributor

Most jobs require a 6 month probation period.  Some companies it is even longer. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BirdieGal

Good detective work.  She didn't miss a beat.  Good for her.  I liked her.  I still do.  I like QVC a lot less

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper

00ps.  I fell for it

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe Mary Nelson. Pretty blond but her voice is definitely berating and everything sh says sounds lIke she's askimg a question instead of making a statement