Honored Contributor

Re: Albany's leaving..........

@JONNYSBRO wrote:
QVC should steal Mindy Grossman from HSN. Mindy tranaformed HSN in 10 years as CEO.

We'd have to part company on this one... She's made improvements, but HSN is, in many ways, just as moribund as is QVC and their financials are not better and, in fact, might even be a bit worse... They need to bring somebody in to either completley revamp the home shopping genre or take it back to its roots... Either is going to be hard to do in today's retail environment, but that doesn't mean that maintining the clearly underperforming status quo is a reasonable response.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

If it is so that those who think Albany was given the axe, I think the Q made the wrong choice. Albany was very different, however, she was an aggressive sales woman and I believe she could sell. She had the ability to manage the shows, keep them moving, and do her job. If the Q was laying off, there are three I can think of that should have gone before her.

@febe1 I agree and she could do just about any kind of show... One of the few holiday shows I watched was her with Valerie Parr Hill and she was easily more pleasant to watch than the usual house and home maven... And I can think of more than three...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Visitor

I didn't know that Albany was a single parent.  I thought I had heard her speak of her husband at times.  I hope all goes well for her and her family.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Albany was a pretty skilled host as well but I've seen many layoffs happen around the holidays.  Could be lots of reasons why she is no longer on the Q.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why would you celebrate someone else's misfortune, if any of the rumors and speculation posted here are true, by posting negative comments about someone you did not even know perosnally?

Albany was a little much at times for me to take, but I found her funny and she did make me laugh a lot.  When she said she was thrown out of finishing school more than once, it made me laugh aloud. I wish her the best, she really seemed to put a lot of energy into her work and seemed pleasant.  I preferred her over many other hostesses.

And yes, they have taken her bio down from the site.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

When is Albany's last day? Or is she gone already? Was anything said on air at all? If no to all these questions then I'm guessing this happened rather quickly & there is probably some bad blood between her and management. What a shame!! Albany deserved better!!

@Nick's mom  Deserved better?   I've heard Albany say things on the air over which I was actually shocked.   She could be very crude and uncouth.   I feel reasonably certain managerial attempts were made to alter her behavior to an acceptable degree.   We have no idea what the straw was that broke the camel's back,  but rest assured Albany was not an innocent lamb.  We have no way to judge what she deserved. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

l'll miss watching her--especially her Denim & Co. shows with Gary Gobin. Always made me laugh. Wishing her much success and happiness! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

This is sad. I always enjoyed the shows she hosted. I DVR'd Angel from Quacker Factory's bridal shower show, just to see the interaction among host, vendor, and models. It was hilarious, and to me, very heart warming.

I don't know anything about her personal life, but I got the impression her husband didn't like the publicity. She showed pictures once and he wasn't in them because of that. 

I liked her down-to-earth style -- maybe because I'm a southern girl too! Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

She's no longer on the host page of this website. So that must mean yesterday or the day before was her last day. Wow. Wasn't expecting that.

It must have been involuntary. When hosts leave on their own, they usually let you know in advance and then they have a little going away party on the air. I remember Lisa Robertson announced her departure ahead of time as well as Patti Rielly. I mean I could be wrong. Who knows.

Trusted Contributor

I love Alberti and Antonella and don't think they give them enough air time.  IMO, Jane is on way too much.  I just can't watch her, she's so full of herself.  Unfortunately she does the shoe shows and I love shoes so I watch as much as I can take.  I'm sorry but I don't think we always need to hear about her daughters, her sister and other family members bragging about all the places they go, .......Manhattan to the  theater, the ballet restaurants, vacations everything they did, etc. etc.  I'm sure many of the hosts go into Manhattan but I don't hear them talking about everywhere they go.  Maybe I find it so annoying because I live 5 minutes from Manhattan and I'm always there so it's part of my life and I'm sure a part of others lives.  I would just love to watch one show without all the bragging.

As as far as Amy goes, we'll probably Never know the real reason she's leaving.  I do know there were many complaints about her constant flirting with certain male vendors, at times being inappropriate and her always talking over vendors.  She is not a favorite of mine but whatever she does, I wish her well.