Honored Contributor

Re: Albany's leaving..........

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

When is Albany's last day? Or is she gone already? Was anything said on air at all? If no to all these questions then I'm guessing this happened rather quickly & there is probably some bad blood between her and management. What a shame!! Albany deserved better!!

I don't know.  She is still listed as a host and she still has the Q FB page.  I'll be shocked if she's back on air though.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe she wants to relocate to be closer to family.  I haven't watched much qvc programming lately, but I haven't seen her on when I did watch.  

Respected Contributor

I take what she says at face value...her family needs her. Could be a parent, too.

Maybe she will be back in a few years ala Jane.

I remember when Kathie Lee left her show with Regis, there were many rumors about rifts. It turns out her father was dying and she wanted that precious time with him.

Trusted Contributor

Oh my stars and garters! Woman Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

I am not sorry to hear this.

Frequent Contributor

She has a lot of kids.  Maybe she thinks teens and preteens need more structure - and QVC schedules are a little wacky.  Why assume the worst?

Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

U realize now LR carried the network. The queen diva of electronic retailing. QVC never recovered from loss of LR. I keep thinking Albany is not the only one exiting the network.

The Q wishes LR were their only problem.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@LUV 2 SHOP wrote:

Sad to see Albany leave. I think her new life as a single parent is probably difficult. That said, viewers don't know, or should, what goes on behind the scenes. 

What ever the reason for her departure, she will do just fine. She's talented and appears willing to take on new challenges. She will go far. I'm rooting for her. 

I didn't know this little tidbit. I must have missed it on the boards.

Wow, I'm surprised to hear this, too. A single parent usually doesn't leave a job at such a critical time.
Honored Contributor

Awwww,  that's so sad! 

images (1).jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

If it is so that those who think Albany was given the axe, I think the Q made the wrong choice. Albany was very different, however, she was an aggressive sales woman and I believe she could sell. She had the ability to manage the shows, keep them moving, and do her job. If the Q was laying off, there are three I can think of that should have gone before her.