Valued Contributor

Advertising something no long available.

Recently QVC sent me 2 different emails encouraging me to buy something that they no longer have.  I click on the item pictured, it takes me to their website but the color IN THE PHOTO is not for sale. They show no other colors in the email. I am getting really annoyed with this; it seems almost like bait and switch.  I had it on waitlist last year and it was never available.  Does this happen to anyone else?

Berkshire Blanket Super Oversized 60x80 Harvest & Halloween Throw

Honored Contributor

Re: Advertising something no long available.

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

Maybe it sold out in the interim?   You make this sound like a common occurance.  When has it happened before?  Never happened to me. IT'S NOT BAIT AND SWITCH!!!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Wobin 

Yes, this has and is still happening on 2 items for me too. I just received an email to tell me that one of them is available. Not only does it say "in stock" it also tells me after I add it to my cart that it is now sold out. I have no idea why these items are even still being listed as 'in stock"???

@Wobin wrote:

Recently QVC sent me 2 different emails encouraging me to buy something that they no longer have.  I click on the item pictured, it takes me to their website but the color IN THE PHOTO is not for sale. They show no other colors in the email. I am getting really annoyed with this; it seems almost like bait and switch.  I had it on waitlist last year and it was never available.  Does this happen to anyone else?

Berkshire Blanket Super Oversized 60x80 Harvest & Halloween Throw

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

No, it's not that they are suddenly sold out. This has been going on for quite sometime. They show they are in stock, but the message is still coming up that .. sorry, you just missed this item. I think these items I have in my wish list have shown this for weeks, one I would say for months. I know, it doesn't make any sense.

@Kachina624 wrote:
Spoiler

Maybe it sold out in the interim?

Respected Contributor

You need to look up the definition of bait and switch, this is not even close.  

Honored Contributor

This happens to me all the time on Instagram when I see something that I like.  It's either sold out or the link doesn't go to the item I want and I have to scour the site to find it if they actually have it. 

Honored Contributor

I believe those "reminder messages" come from some outside source like an "ad agency".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Wobin You need to look up the definition of "bait and switch" and you'll see how mistaken you are.

Honored Contributor

Everyday when I'm on Facebook, I see Wal-Mart ads for cute furniture pieces.  I've never found one yet that was available.

I don't fall apart over it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The photos in emails are stock photos of an item like the one you see when you shop items online here. It's not until you click on the item do you see what size, color, or pattern is available. The size or color, or pattern you may want may not available but other sizes or colors are.