Esteemed Contributor

What I have never understood is when the models and hosts are in clothing that is obviously too tight!!  The leg seams stretched, the shirt buttons not closing, sleeves wrinkled in the upper arm area...it might be 'their' number size, but it is not a good look. 

Honored Contributor

Re: A QVC stylist

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic 

My granddaughter went to four years of college, two years of fashion school, and still couldn’t find a job in Philly, because there are few fashion houses there.  

She moved to NYC and after one year was hired as a fashion designer by Tommy Hilfiger.  She is doing very well there, but still has to attend classes within that design house.  She’s been there almost a year now and loves it.

That’s almost ten years of training.  I doubt the stylists at the Q have had that much training.  Of course I don’t know, but that is my guess.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Re: A QVC stylist

[ Edited ]

@corita wrote:

What I have never understood is when the models and hosts are in clothing that is obviously too tight!!  The leg seams stretched, the shirt buttons not closing, sleeves wrinkled in the upper arm area...it might be 'their' number size, but it is not a good look. 

@corita 

The too tight clothing looks AWFUL...It's strange the stylist, models, and show producer doesnt see this.... seems it would prevent people from buying the clothes...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree 

Congratulations to your grandaughter!  I wish her success!  She certainly has a wonderful education in fashion.  Good for her! 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@LilacTree 

Congratulations to your grandaughter!  I wish her success!  She certainly has a wonderful education in fashion.  Good for her! 

@this is my nic 

Yes, I am very proud of her.  This has been her dream since she was a little girl.  She was always making things for us,always designing, drawing . . . She would spend weeks before Christmas making all of her gifts.  She has been making her own clothes for years.  Now she is in the business.

The only drawback for me is I don’t get to see her much anymore.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree 

Your granddaughter found what most people never find, how to make a living while doing what you love!  Fantastic!