Honored Contributor

Did anyone watch the QF show Sunday evening?

They were showing the velvet dress, and out walks Taleah with the dress on and over it was a grommet cardigan.  What in the world was that stylist thinking???  The dress could not been seen and to me grommets are a casual wear and not to be worn with a velvet (faux) dress.  Im suprised Angel did not ask her to remove the jacket so the dress could be shown.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Did anyone watch the QF show Sunday evening?

They were showing the velvet dress, and out walks Taleah with the dress on and over it was a grommet cardigan.  What in the world was that stylist thinking???  The dress could not been seen and to me grommets are a casual wear and not to be worn with a velvet (faux) dress.  Im suprised Angel did not ask her to remove the jacket so the dress could be shown.

I agree!  I just want to see the item they are selling.  I can figure out what I want to add on my own.  I guess the stylist is offering suggestions...but most times they not even close to what I would choose and they cover up the details I am looking for.  

Honored Contributor

I watched the show but wasn't paying enough attention I guess to notice that.  I had it on DVR but have deleted it.

The embroidered dress doesn't need any kind of cardigan over it, with the long sleeves.  An odd choice, for sure.  Were they showing the dress or the cardigan?  Maybe they just didn't have time to get her out of the dress, if it was showcasing the cardigan being sold.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia. They were definitely showing the dress which you couldn't see at all.  I thought it very strange and bothersome at the time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I agree! Actually, many of the garments presented are covered up by scarfs, vests, jackets or cardigans. Kind of defeats the presentation of the top of any outfit.  I like to see the neckline and how the item fits in the shoulders and chest.

Honored Contributor

I can think of two reasons that the Q does this. Both are for their benefit, not ours.

First, the dress might have been ill-fitting, and they wanted to camouflage that fact.

Second they wanted to sell the cardigan, as an up-sell.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@handygal2: Bingo!!! Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

I often wonder about the choices the stylists make.  What makes one a stylist?  I would think one would have to go to college and major in fashion design.  Maybe not.  Just remember, not everyone graduates at the top of their class! 

Some hosts have bodies that are a real challenge.  I'm not a stylist, but I know when a woman's hips are much larger than her top the goal is to try to hide the hips as much as possible and bring the top into balance with the bottom.  Wow, I've seen some outfits that make me wonder if the stylist has serious vision problems. 

Super Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I can think of two reasons that the Q does this. Both are for their benefit, not ours.

First, the dress might have been ill-fitting, and they wanted to camouflage that fact.

Second they wanted to sell the cardigan, as an up-sell.

I think you have nailed it. 
I noticed yesterday that when models wearing larger sizes were used to sell the leggings, they wore tunic length tops and so we only saw some of their legs. Nothing wrong with them wearing it as that's what I'd do if I had to wear those pants. However, all the while the sellers were talking about how the leggings made the tummy look flat. 
Not in any way crticizing the larger sized models as in my book they are all adorable and I wish they'd use more plus-sized models. It's just that whoever styles them was using some camouflage. 
And heaven knows if they put me in those leggings, they'd need a tent to camouflage me! Hahaha

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

I often wonder about the choices the stylists make.  What makes one a stylist?  I would think one would have to go to college and major in fashion design.  Maybe not.  Just remember, not everyone graduates at the top of their class! 

Some hosts have bodies that are a real challenge.  I'm not a stylist, but I know when a woman's hips are much larger than her top the goal is to try to hide the hips as much as possible and bring the top into balance with the bottom.  Wow, I've seen some outfits that make me wonder if the stylist has serious vision problems. 

@this is my nic 

I totally agree....some of the concoctions and combinations some of the Q stylist come up with are really bizarre and some are even laughable. And you nailed it the style choices they make dont look very good on the host's or model's body shape and seem to emphasize all the wrong areas....It's AMAZING!!!   

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”