Respected Contributor
I enjoy a weekly blow out. At $40 a pop plus tip, I can see the value of this item.
Valued Contributor

this is something that two of everything caroly n Gracie would say

Esteemed Contributor

Anytime an "expensive" item is presented ie: dyson, some food, items, coffee makers etc; the "who would buy that" and other comments start.  Why?  Everything on QVC is not for everyone but if it's for you should be able to buy and enjoy without others critiquing your choices. I may drive a Ford and may want an Escalade but I dont demean those that choose the Escalade just because it's out of my price range.  I say drive safe and pass on bye.  We all spend our money differently as is our choice and right not anyone elses.

Trusted Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

Curious for anyone who already owns this,  how is it different then any other hair dryer outside of having multple uses?

@Calcgirl  I was wondering the same thing.  If it is really that great and would do something especially wonderful for my hair, then maybe . . . . .

Honored Contributor

Why its a great teacher's gift......😀

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

Re: $549.00 hair styler?

[ Edited ]

Shanus I agree.  Price is not necessarily an indicator of quality or value especially in the "beauty" industry! I was simply making more of a generic comment regarding products offerred.  This is a shopping channel that is here to make money not to help folks manage their finances. I am sure their customers  come from many income brackets as well. I am neither naive nor gullible in my purchases and whether it is a $5.00 or $5000 item the onuos is on me to research the product, do price comparisons etc. prior to making the purchase particularly with considered purchases regardless of where I shop.  Shopping networks prey on customer vulnerability to make that sale and imo   if someone can  not control their spending patterns or are easily swayed into making purchases they can't afford, that's on them NOT QVC.  Just change the channel and step away from the remote! control Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Commenting on the price of something is fine. When you insult those that choose to purchase it, you've crossed the line; it's uncalled for, it's rude.

Those that have long hair, very thick hair find that this item is a huge help. Those that have difficulty raising their arms to use a round brush can now get the same results without the physical pain. It's an OPTION in the inventory of hair dryers and a CHOICE as to whether or not to purchase it. QVC is smart to appeal to all levels of income; to all choices of customers. How is that an issue?

Respected Contributor
The markup on a restaurant meal usually approaches 300%. That doesn’t ever stop me.

If Dyson can sell it for this price, why not?
Honored Contributor

@ShanusI know I'm not spending that kind of money on a hair tool, but QVC has customers who can and customers who do.  No reason I have to want everything they show; in fact I'd hate to want to buy everything they show which is one reason I don't watch often at all unless I already want to buy something.  Of course, I read here so I already know what's ugly, what's too expensive, and what's ridiculous, don't I?

I use my old, cheap dryer and brush.  I know them and they work for me.  I've actually been using them more this summer than I used to because I read somewhere that color lasts longer/better when you use a dryer than air drying.  I use the warm setting for my short, age-thinning hair -  and yes, my color is lasting prettier than ever.  That's all good for someone already 20 years into retirement!

Honored Contributor

The biggest problem for me is if l wanted to return it. How long would l have to wait for my refund of about $600– when you add on the tax—to,be credited back to my charge card??!! Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~