Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac 

This kitty territory is new for us.  She's just a little thing and yes, she is throwing up her canned food before it is digested. 

Do you think she could have an infection or something, maybe a stomach virus? 

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@geezerette 

I'm not sure.  We have left her dry food down for her and giving her just a spoonful of the canned food. This has been going on since Thursday night.  We were hoping that may she had just eaten a bug or something like that, and she seemed to have improved Friday, but then Friday night the same thing.  I wasn't home yesterday but my husband was and our Vet wasn't in yesterday. She wants to eat and of course, being a man, if something is hungry all he knows to do is give it food. 

@Georgiagrama   If this has been going on since Thursday night she definitely needs to see the Vet ASAP tomorrow.  I'm sure she's quite dehydrated.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Worried about our kitty

[ Edited ]

If she has been vomiting everything since Thursday, she definitely needs to see the vet tomorrow.  

If she can keep water and dry kibble down, give her a little of that very few hours until you can get her to the vet.  You can try either wetting the kibble or not, just give a little bit at a time.  It may be the canned food that’s the problem.

If she can’t keep the kibble down, try water only.  Even if she can’t keep this down, let her drink (if she will) anyway.

I’m assuming she’s had all her shots?  

ETA:  does she act like she’s sick?  Or is she just vomiting?

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

Do you think she could have an infection or something, maybe a stomach virus? 

@Georgiagrama 

I doubt it.  Either she is getting picky, allergic to food type or is a glutton.   How old is your cat?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@geezerette 

Yes, she's had all of her shots.  We took her to our Vet immedietly after her adoption. She was a very tiny,sick little thing and my husband would stay up with her at night and give her the warmed kitty milk until the vet told him she was old enough that she didn't need it. .  She's been doing so good up until now.  You know, at first you think, well, maybe she just ate too much, or that she didn't like that food, but she definitely does not feel good and will be at the Vets in the morning.  

I know people must think we are crazy, but we have grown to love this little thing.   

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac 

She is just a baby.  6 months old on the 31st of March.  She's just a little thing. 

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama   You're not crazy.  Our pets are like members of our family.  They're meant to be loved. Heart

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama   Please let us know what the Vet says tomorrow.  I'll be thinking about you all.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Worried about our kitty

[ Edited ]

@Georgiagrama 

No way!  You’re talking to cat people here, so of course we do NOT think you’re crazy!  I’ve done all that (and more) with my animals.  

If she doesn’t feel well, then she just need to go to the doctor.  It could be many things.  If she is just vomiting a certain type of food, and still pooping, then it’s probably the food.  

I’ve never had any of my cats continue to eat and keep vomiting.  When they have been ill, if they vomit, it’s only once and then they refuse to eat any more.

Try not to worry.  If she’s really in bad shape, the vet can rehydrate her quite rapidly.  I’m sure you’ll find out tomorrow.  Be sure and come back and let us know how she does.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your little one...❤️🐾🕊🙏

Respected Contributor

@geezerette 

Thank you.  I will let everyone know how our Dr. Visit turns out.  

I don't think me or my husband could stand another loss. My husband had to be hospitalized after we lost our sweet lab. We both cried for months.  He was like our child.  He has now grown attached to this kitty and the kitty to him.  We are just in new territory with a kitty.  Tomorrow can't come soon enough for me.