Respected Contributor

@NickNack  Thank you.  It's going to be a long night for us.  We are just so worried about the little thing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Georgiagrama 

I didn't see it in the replies, so I'll just say make sure no one in the home is giving her any cow's milk. They lack enzyme to digest it.

I've posted a few times about making "meat flavored water" if fluid intake is insufficient.

You can pulverize kitten chow before moistening with warm water. For sick kitts I make it the consistency of wet pudding; something they can lap up without chewing. Then limit the amount, no more than 2 tablespoons per hour, but encourage more water.

Doesn't sound like much, but a tablespoon every 30 minutes for 12 hours is 1 and a half cups. Remove that extra liquid and you still have an adequate amount of nutrition.

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@geezerette 

Thank you.  I will let everyone know how our Dr. Visit turns out.   

I don't think me or my husband could stand another loss. My husband had to be hospitalized after we lost our sweet lab. We both cried for months.  He was like our child.  He has now grown attached to this kitty and the kitty to him.  We are just in new territory with a kitty.  Tomorrow can't come soon enough for me.   

@Georgiagrama 

Trust me, you’re preaching to the choir here.  My last cat showed up at my house as a tiny, filthy, bug-riddled, starving kitten a few months after my husband had died.  Besides already having a dog and another cat, I had other things on my mind at that point besides taking on that job.  But my friend insisted, so I kept him for a couple of days since I was too busy to drop him at the shelter anyway.

You can guess the outcome.  It didn’t take me long before I had decided I would keep him for a “trial period”.  So far, that’s lasted over a year! 😄  That little ball of fur has made me laugh so many times this past year when all I felt like doing was curling up in a ball and crying my eyes out.  If he were acting like your kitten, I’d be bouncing off the walls with worry.

You said it yourself, cats are new territory for you.  This may be something quite simple, or not.  You’ll get more comfortable with her once she’s been around for a while.  And I’m sure she will be around with you both for a long time.  (And this won’t be the only time you’ll be worried about her!😉)  ❤️

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama 

I’m sorry to hear your kitten is not well.

When one of our babies is not eating or drinking I put NO SALT Chicken broth in a tiny bowl, add a Tspoon of warm water and offer it @ every 30 min or so.

Short term it is more important that she drink than is that she eat.  Just like us they can go a bit without food, but liquids are important.  

As she continues to vomit solid food I would likely quit offering it to her, because every time she vomits she is also losing more fluid.

Do you still have any of the kitten milk left?  You might also try that.

Best wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@Mz iMac 

She is just a baby. 6 months old on the 31st of March.  She's just a little thing. 

Oh, could just be having her first hairball.

My puddy yerps it up in one shot, and goes on with life.

But his little sister leaves little foamy wet spots for a week.

We're changing over from colder temps, and they shed a lot this time of year. Try to develop the habit of daily comb&brush to remove loose hairs before she can lick them up.

It's a good bonding activity, as their mom would have done the grooming in the past.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

Your post made me tear up!Heart

Maybe he was 'sent' to you in your time of terrible grief, so that you two could 'save' each other.

My best to you! And kitty!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

We have a kitty that will eat too much, and will throw up soon after.

My opinion that possibly she is eating too much, or too fast.

We wish you and kitty the best - and will be watching for your update.

Contributor

our vet told us to give our little one tuna fish and the...

our vet told us to give our little one tuna fish and the juice from the can!  They love it.

vet will do blood work and you’ll have the answers...but plz.   Some tuna and it’s juice.

i have a Munchkin cat with a smudged face, cute as a minute and at 10 yrs. is at her top weight of 7 pounds! ——- she just had a uti and $800.00 later, is fine.  🤮. But ❤️.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@geezerette 

Your post made me tear up!Heart

Maybe he was 'sent' to you in your time of terrible grief, so that you two could 'save' each other.

My best to you! And kitty!

@KingstonsMom 

I believe that happens.  I really do.  🐾💞

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: our vet told us to give our little one tuna fish and the...

@Sheldo 

Munchkins are SO darn cute!

DD wants one (and a Scottish Fold), but she already has 8 indoor kitties, no room at the Inn, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.