Esteemed Contributor

We lost our dear girl Sweet Martha last night. She was with us for four years as we adopted her when she was 11 years old. Her heart stopped in her sleep. She was with her three four legged brothers and her two legged family as well. She was a therapy dog who was retired when we adopted her. She was part Lab and part standard poodle. Our hearts are breaking she was such a sweet soul. Anna

Trusted Contributor

Re: With a heavy heart......

I am so sorry Anna about the loss of your Sweet Martha.  Martha is running and jumping at the rainbow bridge!  

Thank you for your service Sweet Martha. 

Hugs to you Anna in your sorrow.  You are a great Mom, adopting Martha in her senior years. Bless you and your two and four legged family. 

Honored Contributor

@apple1964   I feel your pain and shed tears right along with you. Your story is familiar because some years ago our beautiful oorang airedale (the giant of the dales) Clementine woke us up in the middle of a cold January night gasping, five minutes later she was gone. Our pain never really leaves us even years later. We also never forget those we've lost. What helps us is to eventually fill that hole when we choose another 4 legged furry friend to love again and love us back.

Valued Contributor

So sorry. 

Esteemed Contributor

@apple1964  I am so sorry for the passing of sweet Martha.  We never have enough time with them, and that it especially true when we have adopted a senior.  Thank you for adopting her, loving her, and giving her a wonderful home.  May she run free with all of ours at the Bridge. My beautiful Darcy was there to welcome her.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@apple1964 @I am sorry for your loss.Martha was a lucky pup to have those four years surrounded by all of that love in your home.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all! We have three other senior dogs who are missing Sweet Martha too....Martha was a therapy dog who I took to hospitial she would love visiting the children. She cared for a women with depression when she was younger and went to two other homes until she retired and was put up for adoption. She was a such love mush.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for the loss of your sweet Martha.  How wonderful she knew your love and was surrounded by her family.

It's a heartbreak that is like no other.  We all understand your sorrow.  I know she must have been a special friend.

Rest in peace beautiful Martha -- you will be reunited some day.

Esteemed Contributor

@Dawnie wrote:

I am so sorry Anna about the loss of your Sweet Martha.  Martha is running and jumping at the rainbow bridge!  

Thank you for your service Sweet Martha. 

Hugs to you Anna in your sorrow.  You are a great Mom, adopting Martha in her senior years. Bless you and your two and four legged family. 

We were the lucky ones to have found here she was such a comfort to Libby [my daughter]. We are so heartbroken. But, we know she is with our other dogs on the bridge.

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@apple1964   I feel your pain and shed tears right along with you. Your story is familiar because some years ago our beautiful oorang airedale (the giant of the dales) Clementine woke us up in the middle of a cold January night gasping, five minutes later she was gone. Our pain never really leaves us even years later. We also never forget those we've lost. What helps us is to eventually fill that hole when we choose another 4 legged furry friend to love again and love us back.

I am so sorry for your loss.